Summer 2011 Anime Season

Koby

say what you want about usagi drop, I havnt seen it myself either ,but MAL have ranked it #41 with an average rating of 8.65. A future classic?

baka to test nii #228, 8.24

Sacred Seven #2865, 6.91

Yuriyuri #1754, 7.29

Kamisama Dolls #2051, 7.19

Blood-C #3691, 6.59 [shocker]

Kamisama no Memochou #717, 7.75

Mayo Chiki #737, 7.74

Mawaru Penguindrum #528, 7.90

[Highest rated show of the season]

Natsume Yuujinchou San #23, 8.73

say what you want about usagi drop, I havnt seen it myself either ,but MAL have ranked it #41 with an average rating of 8.65. A future classic?

MAL's ranking system cannot be believed. It's too often screwed over by trolls.

Like that one time people created 1 million fake accounts to rate Gintama a 1/10 to drop it from #1 to oblivion. They are still trying to delete accounts like that but there is no preventing it. So you just can't go by their ratings for a lot of the shows.

I'm really looking forward to Blood-C (big Blood+ fan... Saya with glasses 0_o) and most likely going to watch Sacred Seven (the description sounds really good) and AppleSeed XIII (just because its the AppleSeed series). For movies and OVA's I'll be watch the Naruto and FMA movies whenever they become subbed. Ao no Exorcist BD special, and 2nd Fairy Tail OVA definitely going to watch, and that's about it for me.

It's interesting to see what I was planning on watching and now what I'm actually watching....

Still Watching

Blood-C - It's just starting to get interesting, I almost dropped it at episode 3 but I'm glad I didn't.

Sacred Seven - I like it and it's a fun watch, but it's not as ground breaking as I thought it was going to be. Still very enjoyable though, and I feel this as well is just hitting it's stride.

Appleseed - it's only one episode into it but I thought it was good but not great, too early to tell how the series is going to be though.

Surprised I Started Watching

Usagi Drop - Just sat down and watched it at random and found it very hear warming, didn't really pass this up at the beginning of the season, just didn't even hear anything about it till I started watching it.

NO.6 - I read the description for this and I thought I might watch it, but then saw a trailer for it right before the show started and it killed my interest. Then just a little bit ago Koby mentioned it was a fairly good anime so I decided to check it out and found it was quite interesting. I think the best part is even halfway through the anime I still have no idea what direction it's going to take, though episode 7 finally shed some light on that.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...