Koby

HBO has made the first six minutes of True Blood season 4 available to watch via HBO Go in two parts. If you don’t have HBO Go, don’t be sad because someone has put it on YouTube. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bMRPpjOJ70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pt-clMON2E

• 3 weeks later...

With HBO’s vampire hit True Blood premiering its fourth season Sunday, creator Alan Ball is in talks to return for a fifth season of the Anna Paquin starrer.

“Right now I’m in the middle of negotiating for a fifth season,” Ball told The Hollywood Reporter at Tuesday’s Season 4 premiere in Hollywood. “I don’t know if I have any left in me after that. We’ll see.”

The showrunner, whose résumé also includes the cable network’s critical favorite Six Feet Under, added that he could see the show based on Charlaine Harris’ 13-book Sookie Stackhouse series “going a few more seasons.”

“I think if we did 13 seasons we’d have to address why vampires are aging,” Ball joked. “Maybe there would be a bad batch of Tru Blood. … With the supernatural thing you can always go places storywise that you couldn’t go on another show.”

Ball, who signed on to direct a dark comedy pitch he developed with Elan Mastai that landed at Paramount, said that Season 4 has been “really tough,” and while he’s happy with it, he’s “ready to take a big vacation right now.”

“I’ll play it by ear and see how it happens,” he said.

Ball first hinted at the series continuing on without him earlier this month in an interview with Rolling Stone in which he said, “I don’t believe True Blood is 100 percent dependent on my participation. It has a strong following and a really strong cast, and there could be a future where I step back and the show would continue.”

• 1 year later...

I love this show, seen all 4 seasons (watching 5th now, finished 5th episode). I just wanted to make a thread to see if anyone likes the show as well and just to talk about it in general. Basically just wanted to recap on the latest episode (ep5) I think it's the most entertaining episode I've watched in quite a few seasons, a lot of stuff went down and I'm so keen for the next episode.

So quick recap on some of the moments;

- When Jason and Andy went to the fairy nightclub and Jason was told by his fairy cousin Hadley, that his parents were killed by vampires. Now Jason has once again changed his views on vamps, lost all trust to do with vamps and possibly wants to go crazy and kill them all, but uncertainty fills his mind, so he's confused and unsure what to think.

- Jason waking up in his PJ's to find Sookie (when she was younger), his mother and father sitting at the table having breakfast. He was delighted to seem them and couldn't believe it, then seeing fangs bites on both of their necks and blood pouring out and his parents started to bombard him with questions, what's wrong? do you want a blow job? pretty much confusing the fuck out of him and making him snap back to reality.

- Lafayette going crazy over his powerful and uncontrollable medium powers, will he be able to handle them?

- Tara made into a vamp by Pam and Pam being extremely controlling and Tara abusing her powers as a vamp - well sort of.

- Jessica hearing Hoyt to tell Tara to stop drinking his blood in the bathroom (tara being an uncontrollable baby vamp) and then they go at it and start fighting.

- Lafayette seeing Jesus's head on his cofee table with his lips stitched up and his head is also seen by his mother (pretty damn random) Is Jesus making a return after Layafette unintentionally killed him with his newly acquired powers.

- Sookie being extremely confident with her fairy powers now, will she be too careless and get into big trouble?

- Nora supposedly faking her allegiance to Lilith to save Eric, but it's starting to look like she really is a follower of Lilith and a sanguisdta but what about Salome? she is clearly plotting but for who and what?

- We found out that the demon Terry's old comrade Eller was exaggerating about, is in fact real, the 'Ifrit' could be possibly coming for him and Patrick next and could break his relationship with Arlene.. "

We learned that the men got themselves into some serious trouble while in combat when their alcoholic and hallucinogenic bender one night turned into a messy chain of events that left a number of civilians dead. Among the dead was one woman who was still fighting for her life. As Terry prepares to shoot her, the woman manages to curse the corrupt soldiers, saying: “May the Ifrit burn you all and everything you’ve ever loved.”

- It was so out of the blue to see that Sam's shifter friends have been targeted and murdered by some sort of anti-super-naturalists or maybe werewolves? and then Sam going to his girlfriends house (with her hiding that her daughter is actually a werewolf and not a shape shifter) then tells Sam to leave. As Sam walks out the some guys with masks come along and then she comes out and they kill her and then shoot Sam and the daughter comes out and turns into a wolf and runs into the woods. These are probably the same people that targeted Sam's friends. It's still possible that her daughter is in fact still a shifter, she might be both or possibly likes to shift into a wolf..?

- Then we have Russell regaining his strength and power and Eric, Bill, Sookie and Alceed going after him and then Alceed is dragged to the ground and all shit breaks out..

Anyone have any thoughts? haha. Pretty bored and I like this show.

I don't really think Jason quite wants to destroy all vamps. He's rather confused about the information he has gained and what he should do with it. He was sexually abused by his teacher as a teenager and has grown to believe sex is a cure to all his problems, but he's finally realizing that his beliefs were wrong, sex doesn't really solve anything, and he admits to himself that what his teacher and he did was wrong. I think if anything Jason has grown more this season than anyone else so far.

Seems next episode we'll get to see Tara vs. Jessica go all out. Newbie Vamp who can't control her thirst for blood vs. Protective ex-girlfriend protecting her ex. Tara shouldn't have much chance in winning, but I figure Pam will intervene and put an end to the conflict anyhow.

Seems like something in the afterlife has been abusing Jesus, or at least preventing him from going to Lafayette. Perhaps he can tell something to Lafayette that someone or something doesn't want known. I'm curious as to if this is the case. After all it's a bit weird for a bodyless ghost head to appear with their mouth sewn shut. Tara's mom seemed to still be able to understand what he was trying to say though. So guess we'll find out next episode.

Nora was never faking. It was stated from the beginning that she really was one. Though I think that is somewhat of a plot hole in and of itself. For what reason should she have such extreme beliefs when Godric was her maker? He seemed to be an extremely peaceful vampire.

I thought it was pretty random for people to just happen to be targeting shifters in Sam's circle of friends with the timing of everything else going on in his life. I wouldn't put it past being tied to one of the wolves in Marcus' old pack.

Curious as to who was helping Russel and who attacked Alceed, but with like most of my other questions that will be answered this Sunday.

I just finished watching episode 5 about 30 minutes ago, so that'd be one reason why I hadn't responded just yet.

• 1 year later...

So what did everyone thing of the season 7 premiere?

Do you think Eric is actually alive after the finale of last season? Do you think Tara was actually killed or do you think they pulled the fast switch-a-roo off-screen. She really seemed to have the upperhand before the sudden switch to her supposed death. Her mother isn't exactly the most reliable witness either. So I'm doubting her death and I doubt Eric was killed off either. It's the final season though so I could see them actually killing off people who they normally wouldn't be willing to otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Eric is actually alive. I still don't believe Tara is dead. Her mother is in fact not very reliable. Even if they kill some of the main people they deserve on screen deaths right?

Eric is

still alive, for now. He's infected.

Ya, as I wrote that I was in the middle of episode 2.

Episode 3 spoiler

I'm still not convinced Tara met the true death. Even if Pam confirmed it. I don't see why they wouldn't show it if it were true. Also I can't believe they killed Alcide (too).

Pam admitting she felt Tara die pretty much killed all doubts I had about it. I can't believe they killed her off screen like that and it's shocking considering it seemed she had the upperhand in that fight; but I do believe she is dead. This is the final season so they're not afraid to kill off anyone and everyone it seems. Alcide being shot in the dead was really surprising. I had forgotten all about those idiots hiding in the bushes even though they were shown to be there earlier. I wonder if Alcide would have attacked Bill had he not been killed. He was really upset that Bill allowed Sookie to go through with this plan.

I also wonder if they'll have a cure for this Hep V before Eric dies. Apparently he wanted to die and he caught the virus because he wasn't trying to avoid catching it. The fact that retarded blonde slut is alive though seems to have renewed his will to live for the time being.