Ao no Exorcist

Arvo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with WoodBridge? I heard they were the best for Ao no Exorcist.

I was going to watch the subs by WoodBridge, but they are only up to episode 5. GG are fast but aren't very good subs, I am only using them as they are fast. I will download WoodBridge ones when they are finished (and delete the GG ones obviously). How are Hatsuyuki's ones and when do they release each episode?

WoodBridge only releases in 720p, so that's why I'm refusing to watch their encodes.

(My mom's computer can not play 720p, and I don't have my own computer)

Not to mention they're behind by like 3-4 episodes.

How are Hatsuyuki's ones and when do they release each episode?

I dunno about their subbing, but they tend to release the episodes within a day or two of their initial airings.

(or on the same day sometimes)

Never heard of them, they must be some new first-timers or a group of people from another group who changed names or made their own. Have no experience with their group to judge and I don't feel like reviewing their release for translation.

*edit*

Instead of downloading each release I just checked here and then listened to the video I did have to compare: http://www.ji-hi.net/sp11/exorcist/

Honestly there are some bid differences in their translations at times. Neither group is perfect, but I kind of prefer the use of demons over devils. It also seems like Hatsuyuki is probably best at typesetting. Overall though as far as translation goes while the way they word it, for the most part they are both accurate. There are some lines I prefer in Hatsuyuki's translation and some lines I prefer in Woodbridge's translations. It really comes down to more or less just your preference in key terms.

Never heard of them, they must be some new first-timers or a group of people from another group who changed names or made their own. Have no experience with their group to judge and I don't feel like reviewing their release for translation.

*edit*

Instead of downloading each release I just checked here and then listened to the video I did have to compare: http://www.ji-hi.net/sp11/exorcist/

Honestly there are some bid differences in their translations at times. Neither group is perfect, but I kind of prefer the use of demons over devils. It also seems like Hatsuyuki is probably best at typesetting. Overall though as far as translation goes while the way they word it, for the most part they are both accurate. There are some lines I prefer in Hatsuyuki's translation and some lines I prefer in Woodbridge's translations. It really comes down to more or less just your preference in key terms.

I see, thanks for that, Koby.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ao no Exorcist had promise, but I didn't like the ending. Too many loose ends and scenes that could have happened. As a person that only watches anime and can't get their hands on manga, it left a lot to be desired.

A sequel would change my outlook, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...