Ao no Exorcist

Arvo

Ao no Exorcist (or Blue Exorcist)

Genre: action, comedy, drama, supernatural

Has anybody been watching this? I started watching this last week. Currently 7 episodes have aired and I am finding this to be an awesome anime. There doesn't seem to be a set number of episodes as yet, but I can easily see this going to 50 episodes or so.

I feel it is an original story, very likable characters, good comedy/action and also the main character is the son of Satan.

Ao no Exorcist on MAL

Ao no Exorcist on ANN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it does look like one of those new good anime for the season i am going to download it and watch cuz watchin it online is not how i like to watch my anime :D

Any true anime fan with a brain would agree with you, streaming is stupid + better quality if you download.

There are a few anime this season that look very good.

I agree about streaming in some respects. But the other side of the picture is:

1)Don't you want to support sites that can stream anime? I don't mind watching a couple ads (not many really) just to keep these sites afloat.

2)The picture quality isn't that bad! Most have at least 420p and if you're lucky you can find some 720p! That's pretty solid quality! Even on my crumby DSL line, it loads relatively fast! (If I'm not downloading something too :P )

Also, the ANN has dubbing, which I haven't been able to find otherwise. I've been attempting various ways to download the flash but still nothing successful.

The first five episodes were really bad-ass, then it slowed down, but I found to still enjoy the anime. As long as things like episodes 6 and 7 don't happen too often then it's all good. I mean they didn't really contributed to the storyline, but the quality of the episodes were still really good. Very much looking forward getting back to some action next week!

And as for the whole streaming anime thing... the only thing I don't like about streaming right now is; you go to a lot of sites and they have the episode divided up into two half's. No big deal right? Well when you get to the end of the first one and start the second half you have missed about 10 seconds of the episode. That is getting on my nerves. Otherwise I would be watching all my ongoing anime right now online instead of downloading it.

For people who did not know, it will be 25 episodes.

About Blue Exorcist:

Based on the manga by Kazue Kato (published on Jump Square by Shueisha), Blue

Exorcist successfully depicts a hero, Rin Okumura, an energetic, yet naïve young man who aims to become the ultimate exorcist. The manga has been made into animation in the hands of Japan’s acclaimed staff including director Tensai Okamura (Wolf’s Rain, Darker Than Black) and Animation Studio A-1 Pictures (Black Butler, Sound of the Sky –so ra no wo to-, Persona 4, Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW). This 25-episode TV series will air in Japan from April 17th, subsequently followed by the North America online premiere on April 20th.

For more information, please visit http://www.BlueExorcist.com

Source

For people who did not know, it will be 25 episodes.

Source

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess this means they are either planning an Anime original ending or planning to leave it open with the possibility of coming back with a sequel later or maybe never making a sequel like so many other series have been treated unfortunately.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess this means they are either planning an Anime original ending or planning to leave it open with the possibility of coming back with a sequel later or maybe never making a sequel like so many other series have been treated unfortunately.

Yeah I was thinking about what they will do with the ending, I hope they make a sequel, but also not stuff in too many fillers along the way.

I'd rather they leave it open for a Season 2 that may never come than have another "original ending"

It makes you wonder whether you want to be left as "well that was unfulfilling" (Claymore) or "that ending was crap" (Soul Eater).

• 2 weeks later...

So now I'm totally caught up with the manga AND the anime. Both are great! The anime changes a few things, but that's a given. As always, it is nice to see it all in color and animated and stuff. So far, it's a pretty high-quality anime. It will hopefully stay that way, since it's going to be such a short series. It's usually the long ones that look like crap after a while.

Anyway, since this is a thread for Ao no Exorcist, we might as well discuss stuff. Like favorite charater.

Mine's Bon! ^_^

I know it is easy to pick the main character of an anime, but I like Rin a lot. I haven't read the Manga, so I don't know when but I am wondering when everyone is going to find out about Rin. Hopefully soon, but it will probably be more epic if they dragged it out as much as possible, it is just annoying waiting.

Bon is another character I like, when he is talking to Rin, I am always laughing.

A character that went beyond my expectations is Shiemi, at first I thought she would be the person to not do anything and always be helpless. But she has proved that she can hold her own, even more so than most other students.