Game of Thrones (TV Series)

Nero D. Ace

Well, 5th season is out !

Can't wait to see how it goes..

Before the first ep even aired, half the season was leaked online. I bet that'll cause TV ratings this season to drop since it'll likely get less actual tv viewers since they'll be so far behind and spoilers online happen.

so its actually true then? i had heard rumors that the 5th season got hacked and half of it released but honestly i didnt believe man is HBO gonna be pissed over this i dont think i'd touch the hacked copies you're asking for trouble there with such a hot topic and downloading it

Yeah it's true. I have copies of it, but I'm just going to wait and watch it weekly because the quality of these are terrible and GoT deserves higher quality. Apparently they sent the episodes to some translation firm over in Italy or something to make Italian subs for it to air over there and someone leaked it. So they've pinpointed where the leak took place but I haven't heard anything about if they found out who actually did it within that company or what action they'll take.

• 4 weeks later...

After all that being tossed around from guy to guy (Joffrey, Tyrion, Balish, and Ramsay) Sansa finally got popped.

I still feel like she's only there bidding her time till she kills all of the Boltons.

Sucks that it seems Jorah is likely going to die (or at least change) from Greyscale. He happens to be one of my favorite characters.

Tommen needs to man up and protect his wife from his own mother and send Cersei away before she completely screws up the kingdom.

Wonder when we'll see Bran again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Isaac Hempstead Wright is returning to Game of Thrones
The character of Bran Stark will be back on the next season of Game of Thrones after not appearing in the previous season.

Isaac Hempstead Wright, who plays Bran Stark on the show, confirmed the rumours were correct as he was quizzed by the Irish Examiner. Isaac Hempstead Wright said: "I can't say a lot, but I am back this sesaon and it's going to get particularly interesting with Bran. He has some interesting visions."

Bran did not appear in the last series after discovering the Three Eyed Raven at the end of season four.

• 3 weeks later...

HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
It’s official: Game of Thrones won’t only go for seven seasons.

Even though Thrones showrunners have repeatedly declared they only want to make seven seasons of the fantasy hit, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo for the first time firmly proclaimed the series will go at least eight seasons.

“Seven-seasons-and-out has never been the [internal] conversation,” Lombardo said to critics at the Television Critics Association’s press tour Thursday. “The question is: How much beyond seven are we going to do? Obviously we’re shooting six now, hopefully discussing seven. [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are] feel like there’s two more years after six. I would always love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

Okay, so what about doing a prequel series, since author George R.R. Martin has created a world with such a lengthy and detailed history?  

“I would be open to anything that Dan and David wanted to do—about Game of Thrones, or any subject matter,” Lombardo said. “It really would depend fully on what they wanted to do. I think you’re right, there’s enormous storytelling to be mined in a prequel, if George and Dan and David decide they want to tackle that. At this point, all the focus is on the next few years of the show. We haven’t had any conversations about that at this point.”

Lombardo also defended Thrones from criticisms about the show’s violent season 5 content (Sansa Stark’s storyline in particular). “In the pilot episode we see a 7-year-old boy pushed to seemingly his death from a tower,” Lombardo said. “This show has had violence from the first episode. I can’t speak to any single person’s particular taste, but I think the show is phenomenal. It went to 20 million viewers this year, it went up over 1 million viewers from the prior season. The show continues to grow dramatically. There are no two showrunners who are more careful about now overstepping what they think the line is—and everybody has their own line. [What they show] is critical to the storytelling.”  

The president was also asked—of course—if Jon Snow is really dead (especially since actor Kit Harington has been spotted in Belfast, where Thrones is primarily shot). Lombardo maintained the same stance as the rest of the show’s team.

“Dead is dead is dead,” he said. “He be dead. Um, yes. Everything I’ve seen, heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead.”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pilou Asbæk to play Euron Greyjoy on Game of Thrones

tBnb3Sy.jpg

Pilou Asbæk has been cast to play Euron Greyjoy on Game of Thrones.

The character is mentioned in Martin's A Fest for Crows. He wants to conquer Westeros with Daenerys and her dragons assistance and is the captain of the Silence, a ship whose crew consists of mutes whose tongues were removed by Euron.

Euron is the brother of Balon and is the uncle of Theon and Yara.

• Like 1

Freddie Stroma cast as Samwell’s brother on Game of Thrones

7LMCVYR.png

Freddie Stroma is set to play Dillon on the new season of Game of Thrones.

All that is known about the character is that he is the younger and much more physical brother of Samwell Tarly who was seen in season 5 leaving Castle Black with Gilly to study to become a maester in Oldtown.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually didn't watch last season, wanted to read book first, but since it was like 8 years ago at least since ive read last book, A Feast of Crows for me, ill have to reread previous parts first... -.- Tho even to me it seems like a bunch of excuses... The only thing is, got spoiled a lot grr, net isnt safe... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZqM8-m64tw

Edited by Oblivia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing about Season 6 is it's apparently so different from the books (and ahead of them now) that even book readers aren't going to have a clue what to expect. I'm not sure if we should see this as a good or a bad thing as I tend to enjoy adaptations that actually stick to their source material more-so than those that deviate into their own original telling, but this can't be helped since George RR Martin couldn't keep up with the TV Series pace to finish the books in time.

• Like 1