Game of Thrones (TV Series)

Nero D. Ace

Episode 9 airs tonight. Only one more episode to go after this then unfortunately we have a year wait ahead of us as mentioned above. Anyone excited when a new episode comes out but sad at the same time because you know you are one episode closer to that year long wait for more? I just can't take how long it takes for them to make more.

Will have more to say after I watch tonight's episode. However seeing when it airs and how long it takes them to get it capped, encoded, and the torrent up it'll be sometime tomorrow before I'll be able to watch it. :'(

Well since no one seems to have commented.. it looks like I'm forced to double post to discuss the latest episode.

It was sad to see Ned's fate. I honestly kept thinking he'd find some way out of his pending predicament but it seems it wasn't so. He never actually accomplished anything during his stay here as the Hand of the King. It was a little unexpected that he'd throw away his honor but it is understandable. He didn't do it to save his own life, he did it so that his daughters would be spared. A commendable act on his part. Too bad the 'new' King didn't hold up to his agreement of being merciful if Ned said what he did.

I honestly didn't except Drogo to end up in the predicament he's in either and I'd never have expected Black Magic to make it's way here. I wonder if he'll be his normal self once he is back on his feet or if he'll even be alright at all with their choices made. It seems like the guys horse IS his honor in their tribe so it could be a heavy blow to him to find out he no longer has his horse due to magic.

Well since no one seems to have commented.. it looks like I'm forced to double post to discuss the latest episode.

It was sad to see Ned's fate. I honestly kept thinking he'd find some way out of his pending predicament but it seems it wasn't so. He never actually accomplished anything during his stay here as the Hand of the King. It was a little unexpected that he'd throw away his honor but it is understandable. He didn't do it to save his own life, he did it so that his daughters would be spared. A commendable act on his part. Too bad the 'new' King didn't hold up to his agreement of being merciful if Ned said what he did.

I honestly didn't except Drogo to end up in the predicament he's in either and I'd never have expected Black Magic to make it's way here. I wonder if he'll be his normal self once he is back on his feet or if he'll even be alright at all with their choices made. It seems like the guys horse IS his honor in their tribe so it could be a heavy blow to him to find out he no longer has his horse due to magic.

• 1 month later...

gameofthrones_quartetcasting.jpg

Four more people have been cast for Season 2 of Game of Thrones.

Irish actor Michael McElhatton will play Roose Bolton, Welsh actor Robert Pugh will play Craster, Ben Crompton will play Dolorous Edd, and Karl Davies will play a new character named Alton Lannister.

The addition of Alton is likely being done in order to scrunch a few characters together so producers can contain the universe and keep casting down.

• 2 months later...

Ikki, i saw this thread a few months ago and made a point of watching it. I have to say thanks, this series was EPIC. Tyrion Lanister has to be my fav character. im so hooked on Game of Thrones, i could wait till next year to see season 2, so i ordered all the books. so far, i must say the series stayed true to the book (as far as one can). im halfway through book 2, and it is just epic!! one of my best purchases ever! i will recomend this to EVERYONE!

game of thrones is so awesome, its like a compilation of the best qualities a mid evil series can have, they've got kings, they've got monsters, they've got dragons, they've got old school methods and life styles, they've got legends and titles, its full of a slow delivery of drama but worth it to see what little action they have.

When Drogo rips the tongue out of a guys throat; when that dude fights for the dwarf, also seeing the guy from a knights tale and the sitcom series still standing as king was pretty cool to see and the dwarf is the guy from murder at a funeral which is also cool.

Got all of season 1 avi but when I google the show theres not much about the actual story or plot, which kills me. and has season 2 started yet?

I had hear that this series was supposed to be really good, so I watch it last week. The beginning seemed slow. Maybe because I felt kind of lost; I had a hard time keeping characters straight. For the first few episodes, I would be watching and think, "Why am I even watching this?" But at the end of nearly every episode, there was some cliff-hanger or plot twist, so I'd have to see what happened next. It got so good near the end of the season though! I'm super excited for season two! I'll probably read the books at some point too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been a HUGE fan of the books since 2005. What do you guys think of the show?

I think given their resources (something like 20-30 times less budget than LOTR) they've done an incredible job. That being said I think it's hard to make a fantasy TV series as good as its books.

I've got some awesome new teasers/trailers for the upcoming season that starts next month.

Game Of Thrones: Season 2 - Terror Tease

N3--MIgihGs?hd=1

Game Of Thrones: Season 2 "Cold Winds" Tease

sBrsM_WlfV8?hd=1

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Shadow" Tease

rOzXsqoJhtE?hd=1

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Power And Grace" Trailer

X66PDW1Mjf8?hd=1

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils"

UV3RflsNxak?hd=1

I'm going to rewatch the first season before the second starts, just because I was slightly confused the first time through. I'm very excited for the new episodes! I'm even going to start reading the book series as soon as I finish what I'm reading now. Hopefully, that will help me keep things straight in the future, haha.