Introducing the NEW forums!

Koby

Okay, alot of changes. First off the forum is now called Kametsu Forums and the link is http://forums.kametsu.com

The new url http://forums.forgottenmem.net will for now redirect here.

Along with this change came several changes to the board, such as the new anime category and all it's boards. We will now offer anime download links too..

I installed a spoiler tag (yay finally!) so that you can use it to hide spoilers.. simply type [*spoiler*]your spoilers here[*/spoiler] but without the *... and replace your spoiler here with your actual spoiler.

Example:

Blah blah, filler..

On top of this I've also installed a YouTube Embed BBCode, which you can simply click the youtube button in post view when making a post or type: [*yt=video name*]ejOJkcs-a7s[*/yt*] remembering to remove the * and you can replace video name with the name of the video such as Memories of Nobody, and the ejOJkcs-a7s is simply the video ID on Youtube.. Because you simply only need to put in the Video ID and not the entire URL.. I'm sure the ID is what is at the end of the URL on the page on Youtube that you view the video.. and well with that you will be able to stream Youtube videos on the forum.. for example:

[yt=This is My Video Name]ejOJkcs-a7s[/yt]

I've also removed forum families for now.. though I might bring it back.. but in it's place has arrived Anime Fanclubs so be sure to make or join one. Also try to help post new topics in the new anime sections. xD

Hope you enjoy the new forums..

WTH!? Koby!!! Where did you get all those anime and how you get them up so fast...or did someone let you use them? I took me forever to get up the anime I put up the last time we did this. And don't even remember the links to them either. So I'll have to re-upload them again I guess. Also, I would suggest putting a post requirement. Not to get up activity, but to help keep our asses out of trouble. Which reminds me, did you put up a disclaimer anywhere? Or do I need to do it.

EDIT: I would also suggest having the downloads in alphabetical order so it will be easier to navigate through.

I'm going to create sub-forums for ongoing and complete series..

that way the main one can be for requests, etc...

Actually Koga I contacted my host about this. They said as long as I link to 3rd party downloads and don't actually have the download on my hosting/server.. I wont be in trouble and wont get my site shutdown. The most that can happen is the anime copyright holders contact me and ask that I remove it, I have to remove the link. Otherwise it should be alright. xD

As far as organizing. I think it would be better to keep it as the latest post rather then in alphabetical order so people can see the new additions or new posts easier. For a solution to find the thread, we could make a sticky list with links to all the anime topics in alphabetical order. How about that?

Shinji is back; and is going to lurk around yet again.

haha. hey guys; i guess im back again. FM/Kametsu looks pretty cool, and i like the generalised anime boards. much better than the FinalFantasy Boards.

although; you should have links to torrents for Anime Downloads. Torrents are where they are at now adays.

I'm going to create sub-forums for ongoing and complete series..

that way the main one can be for requests, etc...

Actually Koga I contacted my host about this. They said as long as I link to 3rd party downloads and don't actually have the download on my hosting/server.. I wont be in trouble and wont get my site shutdown. The most that can happen is the anime copyright holders contact me and ask that I remove it, I have to remove the link. Otherwise it should be alright. xD

As far as organizing. I think it would be better to keep it as the latest post rather then in alphabetical order so people can see the new additions or new posts easier. For a solution to find the thread, we could make a sticky list with links to all the anime topics in alphabetical order. How about that?

That's fine. I'm working on getting DBZ: The History Of Trunks up and hopefully I'll have it up tonight or tomorrow morning. This one will be from the remastered set that just came out last week. My uploads will probably be in MP4 format so it can not only be watched on the PC, but also for PSP users who want to watch anime on the go.

EDIT: Aw crap, I came across an error after I ripped the DVD using DVD Decrypter. I'll try to find another method. Man, its been a long time since I've done this but it shouldn't be a big deal

well are you still on dialup still aren't u koby? :S

At home yes, but at my friends where I go several times a week and get online they have a download speed of 44kbps through 100kbps and torrents wont work over there either.

Today my grandma got cable internet and I'm over here visiting and so far the download speed has been about 300 through 350kbps. xD Awesome if you ask me, but I haven't tried torrents yet.

Plus I hear most people get very slow download speeds on torrents.. and I browse the web and almost every anime download site there is hundreds of people asking for direct downloads because they either hate torrents or can't download from them. So actually direct downloads are more sought after then torrents from what I've seen..

Many fansub groups have had to resort to direct downloads due to more then half their fanbases requesting direct downloads as well. O.o

I been looking for a good free converter but I couldn't find one that worked properly until today. I downloaded and tested it and well Any Video Converter seems to work fine. The free version doesn't have any limits like the other programs do, but it doesn't let you convert to Real Player format, but you can convert from Real Player format so it's good.

If you wanted to convert to Real Player, I believe Real Producer from real players creator would do the job. ^_^

lol; well torrents are great for the anime that are currently being released.

i use it all the time for new anime like bleach, Gundam00, Clannad & Bamboo Blade.

It's also a plus because it's doesn't take up any server bandwidth. and i get much better dl speeds via torrents if you knw where to look;

www.animesuki.com - for anime torrents that haven't been licensed yet.

for other older anime; i go to reality lapse but i get a 30-40kb/s speedcap on that and can only download 2 episodes concurrently that are on the same server.