Rosario + Vampire

Koby

A8517-9.jpg

What is Rosario + Vampire ...?

Rosario + Vampire is a Japanese manga series that was originally serialized in Monthly Shonen Jump between 2004 and 2007. However in September 2007 an extra chapter was issued in Weekly Shonen Jump and in November 2007 the manga began regular serialization again, this time in Jump Square and is still currently unfinished. An anime adaption started broadcast in Japan on January 3, 2008.

Summary: Due to poor grades, Tsukune Aono, an average high school student, has been unable to get accepted into any private academy of his choice. By exceptional accident, the only school to accept him turns out to be anything but ordinary; the school is attended by youkai (demons) disguised as humans. Fearing for his life, he attempts to escape only to meet Moka Akashiya, a beautiful girl who just happens to be a vampire. Despite this, Tsukune decides to stay at the academy, hiding his human nature from students and teachers. Tsukune also discovers that when the rosary around Moka's neck is removed, her true nature emerges.

Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

Official Site: http://www.rosa-vam.com

It's a new anime out this year, and so far only 5 episodes have been released. It has been said that it will be a short 12 episode series, but if so then it will have to leave out alot thats in the manga because there is enough manga for probably 30 episodes I believe, though I could be wrong. Anyhow this anime does have fanservice (panty-shots, etc.. but never shows any nudity). So it might not be the ideal anime for some of the younger people. Rosario + Vampire (roughly translated to "A New Life Plus a Vampire"), is really comical.

It's only released in Japan however, so if you don't speak Japanese you will need to download the fansubs until it is released in your area. Expect to see downloads for this series on Kametsu pretty soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a total of 10 episodes now.. I think I only have 8 up for download in the download section at the moment. At first I liked the series but as it's dragged on, it's just fell to the "okay" category. I haven't read the manga but I know some who have and according to them the anime ruins it.

Anime = fanservice/pantyshots

Manga = story,fighting, etc..

It's been completely changed and reorganized so that events don't happen in the same order, or don't even happen at all. :/ There is only 12 episodes supposidly so I don't know how they will fit the rest of the manga into only 2 more episodes. I believe they will have to eventually come out with a season 2 which will be more fighting, etc..Because this first season, the first like 7 episodes were used for introducing characters, and episode 4 was filler! O.o

So well, its not anything amazing but if you do get bored, I do recommend at least checking it out. =P

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I've watched both seasons. Excessive panty shots made it annoying. Story is decent. Ending few episodes of both seasons are very exciting. Rating 8/10. I like fanservice so that contributed to my rating. xD Also, the music is pretty decent and there are quite a few funny moments. Story development is slow, very slow. All in all decent anime.

I really like both the first and second season, and I was dissapointed to find a third hasn't been announced yet (and likely won't ever be I presume).

Quite often people say the manga is better than the anime so maybe one day I'll get around to reading through that as well.

I really like both the first and second season, and I was dissapointed to find a third hasn't been announced yet (and likely won't ever be I presume).

Quite often people say the manga is better than the anime so maybe one day I'll get around to reading through that as well.

Well the manga and the anime are like completely different.

The anime plays up the ecchi aspect, while the manga focuses on the shounen aspect.