Whats Happening?

Koby

We've fallen in what is most likely the biggest slump in our history and it's all due to me. I haven't been around much or even doing much to keep the place active, I've let this place fail.. and I don't know what I can do to revive it this time around.

Any pointers? I am changing the skin to a lighter skin (this one can still be chosen via skin chooser), and I'm going to remove the private rooms and do a bit of re-organizing. But none of this will effect the activity around here.

There's always the bulk email all members option that we will take, but that never seems to quite cut it. I will need the help of everyone who is still around to help out in putting the word out there about our revival.

I need to do some work on Kametsu and get it up, I think that will help bring in quite a few anime fans, though I'm not sure. I'm going to edit all our websites and start putting graphic ads at the top of the pages that advertise the forum to try to draw more of our visitors to the forum.

No one seems to be using the rpg anymore though that could be due to our inactivity, who knows. I might remove it if we feel it isn't very helpful or needed much. With that the vBplaza wouldn't really be needed either. I think I might remove this arcade and install a different one that has more games available however the build of our current arcade is better.

What should we add to the forum that you would like to see or actually use? How many of you go to other forums other then here? Anyone have a popular LJ, Myspace, or Facebook account that they wouldn't mind adding a button link to the forums on?

As always, I need to hear from you.

I know alot is always said from me, but nothing is really ever done, or at least it's been that way this last year, but I'd really like to change that if I could. I don't want to see this place fail..

I've been considering moving the forum to http://forums.kametsu.com as the link and renaming them but I haven't decided. I'd like Kametsu to become the #1 site of the network.

I wasn't talking/planning on restarting the forum. Just moving it/renaming it. =P

But of course when that happens we would have to broaden the anime board more....

I been watching alot of fansubbed anime lately.. I think I might offer downloads..

Though from 3rd party sites like rapidshare and megaupload, etc...

Cause I don't have enough resources nor money to support that amount of bandwidth.. haha.

well... i am in kinda the same problem. i just recently opened a new board with a friend and have been trying to recruit new or passed old friends to my board. i figured since i have known pretty much everyone here for 2 years, it would be cool to have them at my board.

so idk... maybe we could set up an affiliate plan. i go to rpgbeyond and they have been going dead for a bit... maybe i could talk to the admins thee and see if we could affiliate with each other. that could help with activity.

well... i am in kinda the same problem. i just recently opened a new board with a friend and have been trying to recruit new or passed old friends to my board. i figured since i have known pretty much everyone here for 2 years, it would be cool to have them at my board.

so idk... maybe we could set up an affiliate plan. i go to rpgbeyond and they have been going dead for a bit... maybe i could talk to the admins thee and see if we could affiliate with each other. that could help with activity.

I honestly don't think two almost dead boards affiliating would help either of them... :/

Hmm, SasukeX the problem is that rapidshare limits you to so many MB per minute so that once you download one episode you have to wait another 90 minutes to download the next, then after waiting and downloading the second one you must wait almost 200 minutes for the third.. So downloading something like Naruto that has 220 episodes would take for ever.

MegaUpload is the same way, you are limited to your downloads as well unless you pay monthly for a premium account which is ridiculous. They do however have what they call a "happy hour" where for about 3 hours you have unlimited downloads if you have their toolbar installed... but from what I heard their toolbar has adware with it.. :/

Is there any upload/download sites we can use for free that doesn't have limits? If possible some of the smaller series might have to be hosted by us..

I need a user script for the site.. I'd like to have something like what http://animea.net uses.. In which shows the health of the downloads and several mirrors for it.. and if your logged it it can show more mirrors, etc.. It seems like it would be good but I don't know what it is called or even where I could get it.

I've heard realitylapse.com is owned by bluelaguna.net and they host their anime downloads themselves but they use up so much bandwidth because of it they have to pay like $3,000 a month which is way more then I'll ever be able to afford, especially when I currently only pay $10 a month for hosting and still don't make enough through ads to pay for it.. O.o

I've heard of divshare.com, mediafire.com, and sendspace.com are they any good? Do you know what their limits are, etc.?

Anyone want to see what the skin will probably look like can switch to the "Satellite #" skin via the dropdown at the bottom. I think it closely resembles that of the actual Kametsu website, it is kind of bright. xD

Here is the basic layout of the forums once we switch.. It still needs some work, so any idea's would be appreciated. As you can see some boards need to switch to anime releated names rather then keeping with the final fantasy theme, and I'm sure we could organize it a bit better.

Shinra Headquarters

-Broadcast Station

-Assistance

-Staff Hideout

---The Farplane

-The Forgotten Network

-SeeD Hallway

Anime Network

-Bleach

-Naruto

-Anime Lounge

-Otaku Releases (AMVs, Episode Downloads, Fan Art, Fan Fics (note that all fanart/fanfiction not anime releated goes to art and literature board etc..)

-Fanclub Central (for anime fanclubs only.. such as Bleach Fanclub, or Rukia is Gay Fanclub, etc..)

Gaming Corner

-Final Fantasy

---The Classics

---Modern Era

---Spira's Only Hope

---Final Fantasy XI

---Ivalice Alliance

---Fabula Nova Crystallis

-Kingdom Hearts

-General Gaming

---Grandia

---Shadow Hearts

-Forum Games

Graphic & Webdesign

-Webdesign

---Advertise

-Requests

-Showcase

-Graphics Arena

Tantalus Hideout

-Balamb Cafe'

---Rant and Rave

---Art and Literature

---Contest Corner

-Entertainment

-Mako Reactor

-Private Room (No longer gender seperate, just must be 18+ to enter, hentai allowed, still pass protected)

-Alexandria Inn

---Sign-ups

---Regulations

---Battle Arena

---Graveyard

---The Lounge

I think I will remove the RPG system and the clans/guild board.

Well. Maybe one day I'll be active again, who knows. I've completely lost interest in forums in the last year. Actually, any sort of interaction with the internet outside of a few (perhaps just one) contacts on MSN. Oh well.

But I don't have many pointers for you. Just one small rant about your anime download idea:

Honestly, it's a waste of your time, server space, and server bandwidth, et al. Have you not heard of Bit Torrent? It's only the greatest thing since sliced bread (mind you, sliced bread never did anything productive for me considering I am allergic to wheat). Bit Torrent is free. Bit Torrent's storage space is only limited by your hard drive. Bit Torrent's bandwidth is only limited by your internet connection. In addition, millions of torrents already exist. In fact, anything you would be providing for a download would probably already have several popular torrents.

Well. Maybe one day I'll be active again, who knows. I've completely lost interest in forums in the last year. Actually, any sort of interaction with the internet outside of a few (perhaps just one) contacts on MSN. Oh well.

But I don't have many pointers for you. Just one small rant about your anime download idea:

Honestly, it's a waste of your time, server space, and server bandwidth, et al. Have you not heard of Bit Torrent? It's only the greatest thing since sliced bread (mind you, sliced bread never did anything productive for me considering I am allergic to wheat). Bit Torrent is free. Bit Torrent's storage space is only limited by your hard drive. Bit Torrent's bandwidth is only limited by your internet connection. In addition, millions of torrents already exist. In fact, anything you would be providing for a download would probably already have several popular torrents.

I can't use bittorrent, it never seems to download..

Looking around the net, and having been to several sites since I'm without cable, thus downloading fansub anime.. I've discovered that 70% or more of the anime downloader fanbase prefers direct downloads (ddl) over torrents. =P

And by using 3rd party upload/download sites like rapidshare, megaupload, and more.. I don't have to worry about server space nor bandwidth.

Ok, as for uploading and downloading anime, there is somewhat a solution. Megauploads has a happy hour that starts at night and lasts for 6 hours I believe. During this time, you will become a premium member do there won't be a limit to what you can download. I'd asume that would be the same for uploads as well. Using MegaManager can also help with this process. As for adware....I don't know...uh-oh! Better find out! I've been using it! T_T I agree with removing the RPG. No one uses it. Hell, I don't even use it. Same with the store. The store isn't a almost much have like people made it used to seem. As for Kametsu....I though with this internship we'd do a lot of coding to make or edit sites, btu we just use some Web Design program called Image Cafe. I've hardly ever had to use HTML. Which also reminds me, they said they were going to do a HTML/CSS class and I need to find out when it starts.

Ok, as for uploading and downloading anime, there is somewhat a solution. Megauploads has a happy hour that starts at night and lasts for 6 hours I believe. During this time, you will become a premium member do there won't be a limit to what you can download. I'd asume that would be the same for uploads as well. Using MegaManager can also help with this process. As for adware....I don't know...uh-oh! Better find out! I've been using it! T_T I agree with removing the RPG. No one uses it. Hell, I don't even use it. Same with the store. The store isn't a almost much have like people made it used to seem. As for Kametsu....I though with this internship we'd do a lot of coding to make or edit sites, btu we just use some Web Design program called Image Cafe. I've hardly ever had to use HTML. Which also reminds me, they said they were going to do a HTML/CSS class and I need to find out when it starts.

I just designed a layout for someone on another forum and he paid me $70 for it.

I'm trying to find a download script similar to what http://animea.net has,

however I'm having no luck. I even offered paying someone to code something like it, but no one has replied.

I contacted animea's owner and he said he didn't want to sell it.

I asked him what he used though and he said it was his custom made CMS. :/

I'm good at xhtml, html, css, and good enough with the others to edit or do what I need to do mostly.. but when it comes to coding some software such as this.. I'm not experienced enough with ajax, php, and javascript to do it, unfortunately.

If someone knows someone who can do this for me please let me know!

Damn, very ruff. You're better than me at it. Well, I did come up with an idea while I was bored at work today. "Rants Of The Koga Videos" (HAHA! >=)) Bascially I'll record myself and rant on some random topic and put it on Youtube. I'll also interact with the memebers here. Like they can ask me a question..which I'll call these segments "Ask The Koga" (And yes, its "The Koga"). Here's just a few ideas:

-I'll rant on whatever I want to rant about

-I'll allow members of FM to ask random questions and I'll answer it on a video.

-I may allow members sometimes to pick a topic that I'll rant about.

Of course, for the 2nd and 3rd ideas, you must be a member of FM =)

Its a pretty goofy idea but hey, I don't see a problem with trying. Just a idea though.

Damn, very ruff. You're better than me at it. Well, I did come up with an idea while I was bored at work today. "Rants Of The Koga Videos" (HAHA! >=)) Bascially I'll record myself and rant on some random topic and put it on Youtube. I'll also interact with the memebers here. Like they can ask me a question..which I'll call these segments "Ask The Koga" (And yes, its "The Koga"). Here's just a few ideas:

-I'll rant on whatever I want to rant about

-I'll allow members of FM to ask random questions and I'll answer it on a video.

-I may allow members sometimes to pick a topic that I'll rant about.

Of course, for the 2nd and 3rd ideas, you must be a member of FM =)

Its a pretty goofy idea but hey, I don't see a problem with trying. Just a idea though.

Rant of the Koga, could become part of the Omake (Extras) section. xD

Good idea.

So what do you plan on doing with Forgotten Memories? Do you plan on just letting it die? Cause that would be just terrible.

I am always willing to help out with Forgotten Memories in any way possible, I'd rather see this site doing well than my own website.

PS: Removing the RPG Mod would be a bad idea. Even if majority of the members don't use it, you can attract new members with it.

So what do you plan on doing with Forgotten Memories? Do you plan on just letting it die? Cause that would be just terrible.

I am always willing to help out with Forgotten Memories in any way possible, I'd rather see this site doing well than my own website.

PS: Removing the RPG Mod would be a bad idea. Even if majority of the members don't use it, you can attract new members with it.

I haven't really decided what to do with Forgotten Memories at the moment. I don't want to see it die, but I don't have time for it, nor any inspiration to work on it, as well as I haven't been playing video games or keeping up with them anymore. Especially since the PS3 costs a fortune.

I will work on Forgotten Memories eventually, till then I'll at least try to post some gaming news or find some people who are willing to. I think when I do begin on Forgotten Memories again the priority will be towards media, like a gallery, FMV's, Music Videos, etc.. and other forms of media. I'll probably introduce new gaming sections to it with simply a one page format similar to wikipedia or something as content isn't looked upon much and I feel I could better put my time towards more media in which the visitors will appreciate much more. :/ ^-^

Yep, I havea lot to rant about. Especially now since yesterday someone pissed me off to the extreme. So I've been pretty much ranting all night trying to calm down. Now its the next day and I'm still pissed and have to go to work. *sigh* Right when things start to look up in my life, everything goes bad again.