Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal

Magnarave

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack's accent actually works perfectly for his "character", imo.

I do agree with you on the edits though.

I think the Blond chick's accent is the most annoying.

The thing is Jack's accent doesn't fit him either though. He may try to act high and mighty but he came from the trash part of the city along with the rest of his gang of friends.

I think the Blond chick's accent is the most annoying.

The thing is Jack's accent doesn't fit him either though. He may try to act high and mighty but he came from the trash part of the city along with the rest of his gang of friends.

Blond Chick?

oh you mean that french woman from the final season.

*still needs to watch episodes 100 and up*

Yeah, there always seems to be someone very "british" in each YGO. I can't decide which one was more fake - Bakura or Jack.

I agree about the french chick. It seems that 4Kids is hell-bent on stereotypes. Did you know that in One Piece, they gave a girl who wore a frog outfit a French accent 'cause of the "frog legs" thing?

• 3 weeks later...

The North American production company 4Kids Entertainment plans to promote the newest Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, in a Las Vegas event next week to attract potential merchandise producers. 4Kids plans to release Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal this fall along with a 500th-episode special event on Toonzai. Further plans to promote the series will be revealed at the Licensing International Expo.

4Kids is involved in a court battle with the Japanese licensors of Yu-Gi-Oh!, ADK's Nihon Ad Systems (NAS) and TV Tokyo. Both Japanese companies intended to cancel their contract with 4Kids Entertainment due to allegedly fraudulent underpayment. 4Kids then filed for bankruptcy but it continues to operate in the meantime.

ADK and TV Tokyo then planned to pitch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal themselves at the Licensing International Expo, but 4Kids filed a legal motion against this. Last week, Judge Shelley C. Chapman of 4Kids' bankruptcy case ordered a stay, barring ADK and TV Tokyo from selling the license to another company until the case of fraudulent underpayment is resolved.

4Kids Entertainment will also be showing the CG anime series Meat or Die about dinosaurs, as well as the Asian project Max Adventures.

Well, this is just outrageous.

First they violate the contract, due to which they should have automatically lost the rights but they ended up filing "bankruptcy" and now they're gonna not only finish what they started but also start a NEW series?

what the hell is wrong with the justice system? If TV Tokyo can't sell the rights then 4Kids shouldn't have the right to pitch it either.

I'm still disappointed that they're doing another Yu-Gi-Oh series. No offense, but I don't think they should have made anything past the first one. Granted, I'm biased in that I didn't watch too much of GX, which a lot of people seemed to like. But, still, it's kinda sad to see them try and milk it for everything they can.

I decided to check out Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal. I barely got through the first two episodes before dropping it. It's really really childish and the plot is just gay. The main character stands around bickering with a spirit the whole first two episodes while he duels against a guy named Shark who is being possessed by a #'s card which contains the Spirits lost memories. The main character is so bad at dueling he didn't even know what a trap card was and then after he set it facedown he told his opponent it was a trap card. He suddenly forgets that the trap card exists and fails to use it earlier when it could have helped him out. The whole duel was like a tutorial for dueling 101 and at the end of the episode they ask you what are the three main card types? Trap, Spell, and _______ ? And they show a monster card. How the hell would you not know that or even need that to be told to you?

Seriously.. this show is flat out retarded.

I decided to check out Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal. I barely got through the first two episodes before dropping it. It's really really childish and the plot is just gay. The main character stands around bickering with a spirit the whole first two episodes while he duels against a guy named Shark who is being possessed by a #'s card which contains the Spirits lost memories. The main character is so bad at dueling he didn't even know what a trap card was and then after he set it facedown he told his opponent it was a trap card. He suddenly forgets that the trap card exists and fails to use it earlier when it could have helped him out. The whole duel was like a tutorial for dueling 101 and at the end of the episode they ask you what are the three main card types? Trap, Spell, and _______ ? And they show a monster card. How the hell would you not know that or even need that to be told to you?

This is awesome news :), I was worried that I would have to watch ZeXal subbed :(.

It's actually terrible news. The fact 4kids can get away with this in the court of law is going to scare a lot of companies in Japan. They'll be too afraid to license stuff out to the USA because the USA dictates that US companies get to run over Japanese companies and steal with no consequences. It could very well end up costing the dubbed Anime fans greatly.

It's actually terrible news. The fact 4kids can get away with this in the court of law is going to scare a lot of companies in Japan. They'll be too afraid to license stuff out to the USA because the USA dictates that US companies get to run over Japanese companies and steal with no consequences. It could very well end up costing the dubbed Anime fans greatly.

Oh, I never thought of it like that :(.

Well the court hasn't actually ruled in favor of 4kids yet, but all the 'holds' they have put in the franchise has clearly been in their favor. Not only do they get to continue airing 5D's and dubbing it but now they are planning to do ZeXal. It would seem their license is different than I had originally thought. 4kids doesn't just license each individual series, they actually licensed the whole 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' franchise apparently since they automatically had rights to ZeXal from their old contract. The courts are simply taking their good ol' time about things as usual though and the longer it goes on the more 4kids profits from it.

Sure I'm actually rooting in favor of the Japanese company because I feel they have been wronged and were right in their actions taken, but I'm glad 4kids at least still gets to release the new movie. I'm just worried what this will do to the American Anime Industry if the courts rule in favor of 4kids or continue to take their time and drag their feet on the matter (simply buying time).

Who else would dub the show besides 4kids though?

I seriously doubt FUNimation still cares about the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise anymore.

Well personally, I don't care if ZeXal gets licensed or not after checking out it.

• 3 months later...

it seemed like 4kids wasnt going to be able to get the series due to some legal issues but it turns out that they indeed got a hold of it. i was hoping that another company would get it so that they wont mess it up as much or maybe funimation or viz would get the rights,dub it and 4kids would later censor it for TV. but looks like that will never happen.It will start airing this month. What are your thoughts on this?