Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal

Magnarave

As some of you Yu-Gi-Oh fans may know there is a new series called "Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal". As a fan of the card game, I'm excited to see what new cards are going to be introduced but do you guys think the series is worth watching?

Here is a picture of the main character "Yuma" and his spiritual partner

27875l.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Cardfight? Looks similar to it and my personal opinion is I give most things a go at least once for the first few episodes and decide from there whether or not I want to watch it as you never know, just because someone else says that they don't like it doesn't necessarily mean that you wont. :) anyways if you do get around to watching this series, let me know and I'll give it a go ^_^

P.S fairly big fan here, I play the game competitively, even though I'm not that great :P but it's fun ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
In a city in the near future, in the Heartland, kids and adults are nuts about Augmented Reality Duels. Augmented Reality Duels are Duels that use D-Gazers and D-Pads, which when the two are used together, on the ground or in the sky, monsters can erupt from buildings and fight each other, it's a Super-Charged Duel!

But there's no-one in town who's crazier about dueling than our hero, Yuma Tsukumo. At a beginner level, he's a Champion at absolutely losing. Due to a certain event, Yuma ends up challenging the #1 delinquent at his school, Ryoga. The Duel before him will greatly change Yuma's destiny...!

A bizarre door that usually appears in Yuma's dreams suddenly appears in the midst of this fight. When he unlocks this sealed door, countless lights fly from the door. When he looks up, the mysterious entity, Astral, who came from a parallel universe, stands before him.

In order to regain Astral's lost memories, which have turned into the 99 "Numbers Cards", these two must work together. What is Astral's true purpose appearing here? And what on earth is with the existence of the new monsters known as "Number Monsters"? A series of mysterious powerful rivals begin to appear before Yuma and Astral, which begins to explain the mystery...

With this combination, the curtain on a new Dueling Legend is about to rise on the world!

Hmm.. sounds pretty interesting.

lol, the kid looks like Yami and Jaden had a kid ;D

jokes aside, I've not been that big a fan of the YGO anime after the original Duel Monsters! one. they just keep putting the same stories, predictable dialogue, and repetitive duels with the protagonist ALWAYS winning.

Oh man, but did you see the end of season 3 of GX? He had to keep on winning and it BROKE HIS MIND, it was amazing!

• 1 month later...

Okay, am I seriously the only one who thinks it is the slightest bit odd that the series is still called Yu-Gi-Oh when the simple fact is, Yugi isn't even in it anymore?

Yes? Oh, then I'm just losing it.

Anyway, it sounds decent. I haven't watched 5D's yet. I mean, I love the original series originally because Yugi was short and at the time people picked on me for being not-so-tall. But I really fell in love with it. I have so many of the cards and I remember all the duels and everything. It was really great!

GX was actually alright in my opinion. I expected it to be a serious let down from the first series, I mean come on there wasn't much that could beat it, but it was pretty good. I love Jaden, not as much as Yugi and Yami but I still did adore the idiot.

I thought that two series were enough. I thought that they were just gonna leave it at that. Both series had good endings and everything was good and fine and dandy in the world. But then they announced a third series and I'm thinking that maybe they're pushing it.

I think after GX, they started pushing it. All good things have got to end eventually.

But pushing aside my opinion based on the last three series, the summary of the new series sounds brilliant. There are little things that you catch and think "Man, this is a lot like the other series" but all in all it sounds decent. I'm pro the new series. Can't wait to see it!

Okay, am I seriously the only one who thinks it is the slightest bit odd that the series is still called Yu-Gi-Oh when the simple fact is, Yugi isn't even in it anymore?

Yes? Oh, then I'm just losing it.

It wasn't named Yu-Gi-Oh! because of the main character's name. Yu-Gi-Oh! actually is translated to 'King of Games' if I remember correctly.

All the characters do have 'Yu' somewhere in their name though. Yugi Motou, Jaden Yuki, Yusei Fudo, and now Yuma Tsukumo.

You forgot Yusei Fudo. And yeah' date=' Yu-Gi-Oh! means "King of Games", which Yugi became at the end of the first one.[/quote']

That's what happens when you write something at almost 4 AM. It's now 5 AM, lol.

I completely left out 5D's. I've edited it though.

So' date=' has anyone seen this series yet? It started on Apr 11. I wanna know if it's any good before i start downloading episodes.

Keep in mind, this is YGO. Good qualifies as "Fast paced intelligent duels"[/quote']

I'm waiting to watch it until I get around to finishing 5D's. I'm also hoping GX_ST will get their typesetter involved and release a fully made release for ZeXal instead of simply releasing a translated script for you to mux to an oversized raw. Seriously the 720p raws for this are like 720+ MB for each episode. <.< Encoder fail.