does Gin Ichimaru deserve to die?

eosprime

I realize that Gin followed aizen and betrayed the soul society, but he did it all in an attempt to find a way to kill aizen. In a way gin's action are similar to those of naruto's danzo. he took actions that goes against morality, but it was all to keep the soul society and the women (rangiku) he cares for safe. just like danzo, whose actions may not have been popular but it was done to keep konoha safe.

Both died disgraced in some way but should they be viewed as bad people.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that Gin followed aizen and betrayed the soul society, but he did it all in an attempt to find a way to kill aizen. In a way gin's action are similar to those of naruto's danzo. he took actions that goes against morality, but it was all to keep the soul society and the women (rangiku) he cares for safe. just like danzo, whose actions may not have been popular but it was done to keep konoha safe.

um, unless I'm forgetting something Gin

isn't dead, he just ran off so he wouldn't be imprisoned by the soul society after Aizen was captured.

As for what your talking about I agree; Gin's way should viewed as right not wrong, because he wanted the same as everyone else, stop Aizen, but what's different from Gin and Danzo; is Danzo would sacrifice people if he thought it was for the greater good, Gin never did.

Uhm, no. I think

Gin is dead. As in, DEAD. Sorry, I may be wrong, but I am almost certain that he dead.

(Oh, and I COMPLETELY agree with Koby. I hate Danzo.)

If you read the manga go back and see Bleach chapter 423 page 10 will answer this. but if you just watch the anime I'd just and wait see, it's fairly closing to finishing the arc and you will find out then what happens.

Okay, I like Gin as a character, but still. He did some pretty effed up things, and I'm sorry, I don't think that the end justified the means.

Name one thing he ACTUALLY did, that was bad!

He never killed anyone. All he ever did was attack Ichigo at the gate (which actually helped Ichigo in the long run), attack Matsumoto (just to save her from Aizen), attack Hitsugaya (okay this one can't really be explained, but no one got hurt/killed), and flee Soul Society (to follow Aizen). So as far as what he did, nothing was effed up as you claim, and nothing was bad enough he can't apologize for. He did what he thought he had to and for the most part it worked, he just did it too late.

He never killed anyone. All he ever did was attack Ichigo at the gate (which actually helped Ichigo in the long run), attack Matsumoto (just to save her from Aizen), attack Hitsugaya (okay this one can't really be explained, but no one got hurt/killed), and flee Soul Society (to follow Aizen). So as far as what he did, nothing was effed up as you claim, and nothing was bad enough he can't apologize for. He did what he thought he had to and for the most part it worked, he just did it too late.

I know he did it just to "stay under cover" or whatever, and I'm not saying this makes Gin a "bad guy" because I think overall he was good, he just had to do some bad crap to make Aizen believe he was on his side; but he in one of the flash backs to where it shows how some of the former captains became Visored does kill one of his squad members when he joins the squad right out the academy (a flash back inside of a flash back) if I remember correctly and he does help with the experiments to make the soul reapers into Visored which had killed several soul reapers before the incident with Shinji and the others. (I remember that happening in the anime, but I can't remember if that is canon or not with the manga though)

So from what i understand from watching the latest episode, Gin's sole purpose for joining the soul society was to get back the soul reaper (shinigami) potential that aizen stole from Rangiku. Gin saw the danger that aizen posed and wanted to change the soul society all for Rangiku. Gin said as he was dying that he failed to get back what aizen took from Rangiku.

Well all Danzo carez about is being hokage and he'll do anything to make that happened..and plus he participated in the Assault to Yuhiko, Nagato, and konan

helpin Hanzo kill them..even thought the attemp failed..it was still messed up..therefore i consider Danzo EVIL.

Not true, Hitsugaya attacked Gin because Hitsugaya believed that Gin killed Aizen and convinced Momo that Hitsugaya did it.

I realized I should not have used danzo in this analogy. The person I should used to compare Gin's action to was Itachi Uchiha. Itachi wiped out his clan and was labeled a traitor and a rogue. But he did it all for the village and for peace. Like Gin, Itachi died without anyone knowing his heroic deeds.

• 2 weeks later...
Truth is I wish he didn't but, he deserved it. Sure his goal was pure, but in order for him to reach that goal he betrayed a lot of people

Actually he made it appear he betryed them, the only one he attacked was Ichigo (Hitsugaya sttacked Ichimaru in retalition thinking that Gin killed Aizen (oh, the irony) and causing Momo to think the Histugaya did it.) So, he did deserve to die but he also deserved the way he died, as a hero(ish.)