Whiplash

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Already made a list but it wont let me edit it for some reason, so just adding

Twilight Stepenie Meyer. ^__^

Im currently reading the second book, one of the best series ive read for a while, im addicted lol. I like Vampire books/films though, so you know lol. Havent watched the film yet, hope its as good as the book.

• 1 year later...

my favorite is probably MEG by Steve Alten. i didnt care for the second book in the series, The Trench, but i did enjoy the third one, Primal waters. i just got the fourth one since it only recently came out paperback, Hell's Aquarium.

I read Stephen Kings-The Dark Tower series and I can safely say that I have never had such a love/hate relationship with a series since Stephen Donaldson's-Chronicles of Tomas Covent.

It ruined his writings for me.

Although Stephen Donaldson's-Gap series was brilliant

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

its 735 pages of pure bliss. read it twice and even entered its essay contest. Rand's writing style is just beyond anything else i've read. Simple, so simple yet so powerful. In simple and plain English, the characters are so completely fleshed out so that the reader feels hooked and well acquainted with the people he or she is reading about. Makes you reread certain parts, chuckle the first time you read them and go over them a couple of times more with a smile on your face. Never before have i not wanted to do anything but read a book.As for the "philosophy", what could be better than man fighting for his ingenuity and integrity with aspirations as high as the fictional skyscrapers that the book focuses on.

Can't wait to read Atlas Shrugged once high school ends for good

I like fantasy book series by Robert Jordan and George R.R. Martin, they are my favourite writers. But I really don't know why in the hell George needs that much time to publish a sequel of his series. The last book he published from it was in 2005. LOL