Thundercats 2011

cloud1414

180192_10150394207650637_226350690636_16903590_5392046_n.jpg

Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun production on “ThunderCats,” an all-new animated series for Cartoon Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic.

The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats” characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.

Toys coming soon by Bandai

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL a new Thundercat series hahaha :D Like the ones they did in Speed Racer and etc. I hope they air it soon in TCN I want to see if this has new plot or simply a remake :D But according to your info, it will be an all new series so, chances are, we may see a brand new plot :)

WTH that doesn't even look like the same character honestly.

^ I agree with Koby. They look more, how should I say it, like they've been to a parlor or something. But then again maybe the new ones are some sort of the relative/etc of the older ones. For everyone's info here is what Koby meant:

ThundercatsPicture1a.jpg

WTH that doesn't even look like the same character honestly.

They have been doing changes like that for all recent remakes of old cartoons. They did it for this, Pound Puppies, My Little Pony, and Strawberry SHortcake, at least. I saw the first episode of the new series of those other shows on the HUB, when it started, and they gave them the same type of treatment. The characters look vastly different than they originally did. It mostly has to do with their new styles of drawing, I believe.

• 1 month later...