Fairy Tail

DrumRoll

• 7 months later...

Fairy Tail manga creator Hiro Mashima revealed on his official Twitter account on Thursday that the "final season" of the series' television anime adaptation will premiere in 2018. Mashima said in English, "The Final Season of FAIRY TAIL TV anime will go on air in 2018!"

Funimation Films announced on Friday that it will screen the Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry film at 300 U.S. and 12 Canadian theaters this August. The film will screen in Japanese with English subtitles on August 14 and then screen with an English dub on August 16 and August 19. The English dub will also screen on August 17 in Canada only.

Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine revealed in May that the manga series would end in 10 chapters. In addition, the 61st compiled book volume of the manga revealed in May that Mashima will end the series in two more volumes. Mashima stated on Twitter in May, "Even though the original manga is ending, I don't think Fairy Tail is done just yet. I have a lot of plans, so please look forward to them."

• 2 months later...

I heard a lot about how people say the manga became ridiculous towards the ending of the comic, now I don't read the manga because I prefer the anime, so i am not exactly sure if it has ended or not, all i heard was it was close to the ending a while back: I don't read the manga usually because anime "the animation" is how i began my otaku journey. So with this out of the way, I would like to know what you guys think, me personally due to the fact that i haven't watched passed the 2014 series and refuse to read the comics due to spoilers, i can say I am pretty excited for the upcoming new season of Fairy Tail; who here has read the comic and is still excited for the conclusion BTW?

Well, it's a good thing that it's not ending up like Bleach, which still has one final arc to go before it's fully animated. Unfortunately, I still haven't started on Fairy Tail. Though, I'd imagine by the time I start, at least one part of the final series would be out.

Edited by Inverti

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Eric Saphire said:

Guys, I really like to watch Fairy tail anime series in English dub. I still haven't watched the movie "Fairy Tail Dragon Cry" cause I am waiting for the dubbed release of it .

So do any of you know when it will be released?

Thank you

March 6th I believe last time I checked.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Trinity Soul said:

I am assuming you are all god at finding info on this stuff, so if any of you find a definite date for the final season to start let me know I cannot wait for it!!

It's set for Fall 2018 now. So it'll premiere sometime in October when the Fall season starts.