Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Recently i have seen  X.Men.Apocalypse and the second ninja turtles movie. Both films were ok but have not got anything that we have not seen before.

More cash in sequels with big CG effects and lots of things flying towards the screen so they can  impress you with 3D.  Am getting tired of it all but will no doubt still still see more. Saw them in 2d though as it does not really add anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Central Intelligence. This movie was funny.It kind of reminds me a little of Grosse Point Blank meets Just Friends. Dwayne Johnson's character is a fat nerd in highschool is humiliated, he disappears for a little while and comes back a day or so before his high school reunion a completely a physically different person and works for the CIA.

Batman Vs Superman Dawn of Justice. I enjoyed it. I watched the extended edition so it was long, It kind of looks like a set up for a Justice League movie.This version of Batman does seem a little bit more brutal than previous incarnations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suicide Squad. I don't care if I run this in the ground, but I like it more than BvS. Is it perfect? No. Did I like it? Yes. I don't expect every DC live-action movie to be dark or whatever, but different from Marvel, for sure. And I don't want to keep seeing Batman pop up unless there is a reason why, like now he's going to assemble the Justice League. But hey, SS wasn't bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Suicide Squad. Really mediocre, especially for a comic movie. The best looking character was Killer Croc IMO and he just is "there" the whole movie. Really felt more like "Deadshot: The Movie" with him being the only fleshed out character. I know some may disagree, but I enjoyed Batman V Superman much more.

On 8/20/2016 at 3:12 PM, DarkGanta said:

I know some may disagree, but I enjoyed Batman V Superman much more.

I am one of those people who disagree, but I won't hate on you for your opinion. Ever since Dark Knight Rises, I've had little reason to care about live-action DC movies. As much as I want to see Justice League on the big screen, I really do not like (almost borderline hate) the universe that's been established by Zack Snyder.

To save space, I'll do this:

Spoiler

People in real life gave told me that if a superhero movie isn't dark, cerebral, makes you question your existence, is too smart for you, or modeled after the Dark Knight trilogy, then it's a failure. People have said the warehouse fight in BvS is more realistic and engaging than the 'cartoony shit' airport scene in Civil War. I admit that's the kind of fighting style we've all wanted Batman to display on screen, but the only thing I got out of MoS and BvS is that violence is the best way to solve your problems. Frankly, I wanted Suicide Squad to do well, but executive meddling made things worse. There's no reason for any of us to care or relate to Henry Cavil's Superman whatsoever, and when Doomsday kills him, I'm not surprised. Also, in BvS, Wonder Woman was never referred to by name. Only once by an airplane attendant as 'Ms Prince', and that's it. Also nothing to explain her powers because it's expected for everyone to know who she is. 

I really hope Wonder Woman's solo movie and Justice League also don't suffer from the same problems as its predecessors. We don't know who the 7th member of the live-action JL will be, mostly likely a Green Lantern, but it can't be Martian Manhunter because David Goyer said that character is popular because of dumb virgins. And that people are fine if Zack Snyder made a Batman movie gets raped in prison. 

For the record, I don't have a Marvel bias. I know the MCU has had bumps in the road, but they learn from their mistakes (I assume). I still haven't seen any of the Fantastic Four movies, but know which ones to avoid (like last year's reboot). The movies rights are still at Fox because they want to keep them out of spite, not for the money. Deadpool is the only Marvel movie by Fox I've seen theatrically and I genuinely enjoyed it. I've also seen the other X-Men movies, but they don't interest me as much. Neither did Sony's Spider-Man movies, though the first 2 Toby McGuire ones are good. And if people are tired of Spidey being rebooted so much, as we've see with TASM 1 and 2, how are people not tired of Batman? Oh forget it. 

And then there are people who need explaining the difference between a Marvel movie from Fox or Sony and why they're not connected to the Avengers movies or whatever. Not to mention there are still people out there who still can't tell between Marvel and DC cuz to them, the superhero genre is just grouped together as one. And even when people who are aware of movie rights belonging to who, or take the time to explain all that, they're just looked down upon and called nerds, among other things. 

I almost didn't want to type all this, but I had to get it out of my head somehow. 

Edited by Predaking-117
  • Like 1

@Predaking-117 I understand the whole people you know taking sides and using "logic" (sarcasm) as "proof" that their favorite movies are best. It's pretty dumb because both are very valid ways of tackling a comic series film adaptation. Honestly, I rather prefer the more "animated" feel of the Marvel movies. My friends are big into Marvel and, while they still like both, seem to have this "Marvel can do no wrong" mentality while being super critical of anything DC. I really like both sides and could care less about Marvel Vs. DC as I like and hate characters from both about equally. While the more "dark" and "real" direction of DC is interesting, and fitting Batman, I don't feel it was a good move for the Justice League movies as a whole. They just focus so much on being "dark" that they actually become just as fake feeling as the "animated" movies. Good movies have balance. I really liked the Amazing Spider Man movies because they seemed to balance these elements well, they just kinda messed up too many characters in 2 and it tanked. The new Spider Man looks promising too though, and I look forward to it. Also, I felt Dark Knight Rises overall was pretty bad (especially Bane).

Suicide Squad. I enjoyed it. I kind of like this interpretation of the Joker. Despite Deadshot originally being Caucasian I do like Will Smith's portrayal of the character.

Spoiler

I do feel that watching it that most of the members  in the suicide squad would not have actually had the ability to defeat the enchantress and her brother.They would have been wiped out like those people in the subway.

War Dogs. I enjoyed it. Although I do got to wonder about the authenticity of it seeing how it is based on a rolling stone article.

Spoiler

I think that in the movie they could have just spray painted the crates of  7.62×39mm ammo to hide the Chinese writing.  Maybe even spray painting the ammo containers too if they needed it. Sure wouldn't have saved money like shipping the ammo in plastic bags and cardboard boxes, but it would have been a lot faster.

Now you see me 2.It way okay but it felt a little like they tried retconning the first movie.