Current Anime Series You're Watching and your thoughts on it?

Koby

• 1 month later...

I'm currently not watching anime much these days since I believe I'm into going to Music performance/Concert and Rock Music in general, in addition to video game but I recently started watching Bamboo Blade, I'm taking my sweet time on it, turning out to be. I'm starting to dig the series of the few episodes I've watched so far, the sensei is quite interesting, wanting to form a group of sword fighters for the competition. 

It's been so so so so long since I sat down and watched anime, let alone new stuff.
So I ended up overdoing it a bit, so lately i've been watching....

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (s1)
I'm really liking this one, i'm on episode 18 (waiting for the rest of the dub to be available), I think the last Gundam I watched was Seed and I remember not caring for it, but this one has me pretty engaged.

Orange
omg dis show 3sad5me, I've always had a thing for slice of life anime and this one is just great imo, I love when a show can get me interested/care about characters in the first 10mins.

ReLife
Silly with a sprinkle of drama? YES PLS! It might not be a deep/life changing show, but it's been a fun watch and I can't wait to finish it.

Hamatora
So I started watching this because of the art style and thought it might be good and it hasn't let me down! I've got 4 episodes left that'll watch tomorrow and this will make the first finished series since I started watching anime again <3

Terror in Resonance
Whoops, forgot about this one (which says something), I actually finished this a couple of days ago, honestly I didn't really like it, couldn't get hooked, didn't even start caring until the 4th episode, which made me kinda sad because I remember REALLY wanting to see this back when it got announced.

Nanbaka
What is this show even? I don't know, but I'm liking it!

I've watched the first episode of a couple of shows, but I won't bother mentioning those yet~ 
So, yeah I've been drowning myself in anime, I blame finishing ffxv (gotta fill the void)

Edited by ParasiteEve

• 1 month later...

I've been binging Futari wa Pretty Cure and Heartcatch, both which are a lot of fun and have loveable, idiotic characters. I was drawn to them for their impressive fight scenes, which aren't a thing magical girl shows are known for despite their emphasis on combating villains.

I'm also rewatching Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura, since Precure has gotten me obsessed with the genre again. I also might look for other Precure series to check out once I'm done with those two.

Edited by Jeanne

Just started Z Gundam after a two-month Gundam hiatus (due to how much I hated 0083). The gimmicky animation gets under my skin sometimes, although I'll probably forget about it after a couple more episodes. So glad to see some of the characters I loved back, and I'm also enjoying a certain MC. :)

• 1 month later...

I am watching most of the current simuldubs that started this Winter, plus one that started in the Fall, on Funimation:

ACCA: Pretty interesting show, so far, and it has recently started throwing in some plot twists.

Akiba's Trip: Mostly a fanservice comedy action series trying to be similar to the games, but every episode seems to basically borrow elements from other shows and games, basically like a parody all taking place in Akihabara.

Chain Chronicle: A decent fantasy story so far who recently had an MC go evil for now, it seems. It is pretty similar to other shows based on games like Ragnarok, Tower of Druaga, etc.

Chaos;Child: The sequel to Chaos;Gead. It has many connections to the original series like the New Gen Murders happening again, involving supernatural abilities and horror elements. It is decent so far and can be pretty suspenseful and end on cliffhangers on certain episodes.

Interviews With Monster Girls: A slice of life comedy, basically. The characters are pretty interesting, but sometimes they drag things on longer than they need to.

elDlive: It was mostly going pretty slow until the recent 3-part episode where things finally started taking off and developing more.

Fuuka: A sequel of sorts to Suzuka involving Akitsuki's child Fuuka who starts a band. It has quite a bit of drama and a love triangle by this point, though its mostly just 2 girls liking the same guy, but one trying to help the other. Some parts drag a little, but I like it so far

HandShakers: It mostly had no real direction or too much character development until Episdoe 8, but it started picking up and getting more interesting.

Spoiler

The main female also finally started talking and being useful in battle in the latest episode (episode 9)

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: funny comedy at times with slice of life and the fantasy element involving the dragons but taking place in modern japan.

Masamune-Kun's Revenge: So far, it is pretty funny at times with the MC trying to get his revenge, even though it turns out that what he wants revenge for isn't real, but he is starting to develop feelings for the girl throughout the show with drama being introduced by another girl.

Saga of Tanya the Evil: Some parts have some crude humor and it takes place mostly in wartime in a fantasy version of WWII, basically. Story keeps getting more interesting as it goes on and I didn't know if I would actually like it before it started, but it turned out good (I decided to watch all simuldubs that started this Winter).

Tales of Zestiria the X Season 2: I have been watching it ever since Season 1 and it has completely derailed from the story of the game, even in just Season 1.  It is a lot better than the game, though, in my opinion.

Trickster: Nice show with drama and action with a little Slice of Life. The characters are interesting, though one of the MCs has gotten worse since around halfway through the show, but does seem to be getting back to normal after the latest simuldub.

• 2 months later...

Currently watching:

Ghost in the Shell SAC: Soooooo good, love everything about it. I'm up to the final 6 episodes so it's all Laughing Man stuff from here on out I believe which are way more compelling episodes than the episodic ones.

Naruto: Loved this show to death since I was a kid. I'm a few episodes past the Sasuke Recovery arc

Hajime no Ippo: Great series about this kid Ippo who's always thought of changing himself but never had the drive to act on it until one day he's exposed to boxing after being bullied and becomes obsessed with the thought of becoming a boxer. Kinda has the feel of good martial arts movie. I'm up to where he fights Miyata for a 2nd time in the gym after 3 months of preparation.

School-Live!: Super fun all girl cast zombie anime about 4 high schoolers and a teacher new to her job in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. One of the girls has no idea and the others work to keep her unaware of what's actually happening. Very funny and silly and all that good stuff. Kurumi's hilarious. I've seen the first 4 episodes

Ben-To: Hysterical show about a private sleepaway high school where a group of high school kids beat the shit out of each other over half priced bento meals in a fight club like manor. One of the greatest things I ever watched. Only a few episodes in.

Symphogear: Had to watch this after catar's heavy promotion and description of it. "It's a magical girl power armor show where the suits are fueled by singing J-pop." What more could you ask for? I'm only 2 episodes in but this show already has me hype af. I mean seriously what's more badass than transforming and fusing with power armor through J-pop?

Currently Finished:

Fate Stay Night

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

Wanted to know what all the hype was and may be was a little bit disappointed at FSN but Fate Zero and UBW changed my mind. Now finally onward to Fate Prism :)

Good Luck Girl - Best parody i've seen in a while. Loved the show. 

Just Started:

Chivalry of a Failed Knight

School-Live!