Religion

-PHXN- New001

Are you an Atheist?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an Atheist?

• I'm an Atheist.
    • No, I believe in God.

Guest Mithra

lol, this is GREAT! A few Athiests at the end there is just what i need, I hope I don't start the argument. They've just criticized us, I only feel its natural for re-taliation, you know? First, allow me to explain my religion. I am a very odd/radical believer, My main religion is Zoroastrianism, for thats what I tell people. I find nothing wrong in it, it is the first main religion ever by the way. It was founded in Persia by a poet by Zarathrushta, or Greek translation: Zoroaster. Zoroaster received a revelation from Ahura-Mazda, the good son in their religion, who always opposes Ahriman, the bad son. And they have a Father, the creator of all things: Ohra-Mazda.

Anyways, I find that in religions, there is a repeated story. Have any of you read the Masks of God? Or the Hero with a Thousand Faces? Then you might understand were I'm going with this. There is a constant trinity within religions, a father/creator of all things, a good son/son of light, and a bad son/son of darkness. I associate myself with Hindu's, for those whom don't know what Zoroastrianism is, so If i'm confusing you, allow me to catch myself. Anyways, Here's a brief explanation of this "theory".

Egyptian mythology= Osirus: Creator

Horus: son of Light

Seth: son of Darkness

Greek mythology= Zeus: Father

Hercules: good son

Hades: bad son

Hinduism = Brahma: Creator

Vishnu: good son/Preserver

Shiva: bad son/destoyer

Zoroastrianism= Ohra-Mazda: Father/Creator

Ahura-Mazda: Good son/ Preserver

Ahriman: bad son/ Destroyer

Christianity= God the Father: Creator/Father (duh!?!)

Jesus: good son/son of Light

Lucifer/Satan: bad son/son of darkness/destroyer

So yeah, thats my belief. I would've quoted everybody, but i'm running out of time, and I have to say, some of you guys are right on, but others are going down an unrecommended path. As for Athiests (I'm sorry, I have to do this.... )

FUCK YOU!!!

Guest Mithra
Nah, it is natural to believe in things that aren't real because you are afraid, it is how stupid people get along in life with out crying constantly over fear of what happens when we die, ect...

I'm not driven by fear, but by truth. Like someone said before, An Athiest always converts to a religion on his death bed, whether it be in his mind, or he be radically changed and

get baptized. Thats fear. Fear of death, fear of judgement, fear of god. The weak fear him, the strong embrace him, this is the truth of the fear of god.

Bah, only thing/person that can ever judge someone, is oneself. I hadn't ever heard of the whole, Atheist converting while they are dying, and there is really no way to prove it, seeing that they are dying, and after they are gone you can say they said just about anything while they were on their death bed...

What I don't see, is how can someone be afraid to die? I just don't get it, we could die at any moment, if someone is afraid to die, why aren't they afraid to leave their houses... I mean, we could end up dead, at any moment, on any day... even if we did just stay at home all the time, ect...

Religion is crap because it promotes violence towards others, even telling people to kill in the name of their fake gods, because people are smart enough to know, that people are stupid enough to believe in that shit. I could make up a religion right now, make commandments, than also say something outlandish, more outlandish than the claims of the religion in the first place, something like, "All those who do not believe in time travel must be stoned to death." Like the Christian bible tells us to kill, literally, billions of people.

Like your religion, it is just a copy cat, or from what you said, it was the first, or something, so therefor it was the archetype of all the bullshit. Religion kills more than anything else, in the whole of human history, it has killed, and murdered more people, than any other plague or disease (of which it is). Anyone can make up a religion that sounds exactly like all the ones you mentioned, in fact, I did for Dungeons and Dragons... and if I went, and preached about it, like it was real, eventually desperate people that have nothing left will start to believe, than it would spread, and eventually go form a cult, like all religions start as, and form into a "real" religion.

You cannot be driven by truth, if there is none.

You cannot fear something, or embrace it, if it does not exist.

The only way people should live their lives is how they wish, not by the rules set by some retarded religious sect that is just power hungry and that gets off by controlling peoples minds. Do not take how I am talking as a personal assault against an individual, I am insulting the Religion itself, not the people, some people are just to weak to go through life without believing in something like religion, and people have the right to believe and say whatever it is that they want to. In truth, believing in religion, is believing that being discriminative towards people who are different. Although, that right to believe in what they want, is what has gotten countless people murdered due to racism, discrimination, and hatred, all of which are ungrounded.

Religion can mean good for people, but people take it to seriously, and let it rule their lives, that is how it was years, and years ago, and it is still that way to this day. The only thing that not believing in a religion shows about someone, is that they are emotionally and mentally strong. Hating someone because they do not believe in your religion is exactly like religion itself, hateful. You proved that you are hateful toward none religious people by saying "Fuck You." to all of us, even people you have never met, nor talked to. You based your thoughts of all those who are not religious off of your religions hate for us, so people who contribute more to society than you ever will, and are better people than you can ever be (You or I, I should say really), you are writing them off as trash, because your religion has brainwashed you into thinking the way you do.

Amrehlu and Mithra knock it off. There is no reason to be attacking each other, this is a debate so either grow up and debate or don't post in this thread at all. Mithra as for your "fuck you all atheist" comment, that is uncalled for. Everyone has the right to their own believes, and people who think others shouldn't then in my eyes are the same as people who are racist, as you are simply hating someone for their believe or color which has no effect on you. Everyone supposedly gets judged in the end by God, so why should we all be judging each other through out our lives? If you have an opinion about something or someone keep it to yourself. It's people who judge and talk down to others who need grow up and change, because all it does it make the others feel poorly about themselves which leads to all this suicide and depression.

This thread is about Religion, everyone has one, whether your Atheist or not.

I'm personally not an atheist, and I'm not gay, but I don't look down at others for being atheist or being gay. Several of my friends in fact are either gay or atheist. So please, try to get a long. It's one thing to debate and its another to sit there and type insults and flames to other members. I'm just verbally warning BOTH of you this time but if it continues, consequences shall follow.. :/

consequences shall follow.. :/

that's equal to BAN, but he said it in a more fashionable way lawl.

I can understand talking about atheists, but how in the world gay people are associated to religion LOL? the two flamers included them here. Off-topic ftw.

Nuuuuu, my post was deleted. Kobeh, -grabs heavy shoulder and stabs Koby- die!!!

Guest Mithra

The topic's about religion, athiests who don't have a good debate about religion should stay away, if any athiest who's inteligente and has a good opinion should post. Other wise this is for people who have a religion to discus religion. Allow me to give you my opinion on some of your guys religions, eh?

(by the way, when i talk about religion, i put all the cards on the table. I will offend some of you, i'm sorry if i do. But this is just my opinion, don't let it affect your life or nothing, k?)

The Celtics: Very interesting, i just read what you guys said, and personally i agree with all of it but one thing. The human sacrifice. Thats evil. MY opinion, don't get mad. Otherwise the after life stuff is really interesting, plus the whole world under us I strongly believe in...but maybe for a different reason than you may think. I believe in a reptilian race of aliens, descendants of Cain whom have hidden under ground for centuries. But they're slowly moving to Mars. This whole under ground world is in many mythologies, especially in the orient, and the race of reptilians are often ascociated with the kings and chiefs of the people whom believed in it. So, thats a theory, nothing more.

Bahai: Was there someone who was a Bahai? I think there was. I'm really against them. I'm TOTALLY against one world goverment, push for that is push towards the end times. I think were going in that direction anyways, so its not like i can do anything but watch it happen, but I just don't like the Bahais, they are definetly all for the New World Order, don't like it one bit.

Christians: Nothing against you, just most of them are kinda fake, or dumb. I was raised a Lutheran you see, I know what i'm talking about. You will not go to "heaven" by just believing in Jesus, first off its just to simple. Secondly, I've already stated that Christianity has copied off of many ancient mythologies, like the Egyptians and the Zoroastrians, and the Hindus. But then again, they carry on their legacy and morals, but they change it drastically, thats what i don't like. They put all there focus on a man who once called himself Lucifer, and forget to question anything in the Bible. Questioning everything isn't wrong.

• 6 months later...

Can any religion follower give undeniable logically proof that you god exist or that your religion is right, no, so shut the hell up. also, like i said before, is a non-god world really that hard to imagine? like how can you not believe in evolution after watching a little of animal planet? we our all just some evolutionary state, and our future genes will continue to evolve more for our species well being? right now, yes, we're human. but our species look and intelligence may change eventually, for the better. our species name my also change an become a new species, etc, but it will be in future gene pools. right now we have one life, so let's live it to the fullest with morals and without religion.

Can any religion follower give undeniable logically proof that you god exist or that your religion is right, no, so shut the hell up.

You're right, but people draw comfort from believing in things like that, so I think it's wrong for people to be telling them otherwise. I myself am open minded on the matter. I've been christened, brought up in a roman catholic school, gone through my first holy communion and my confirmation, so technically I should be a true follower of God, but you know, I'm open to the fact that he isn't there just as much as he is there. Until scientists can wholly prove otherwise, there being a God would explain a lot. That's the way a lot of people think, myself included.

Sure, you get some wankered extremists on the matter, and also really annoying people who come round your house trying to get you to follow in their beliefs. I think that's wrong. It's things like that what cause such animosity amongst different religions. People should just be left to believe what they want, and not bother each other about it.

I, personally am Agnostic.

I just try to live a moral life and be the best person I can be,

I don't think a "god" should have anything to do with it.

If I won't go to heaven for being the best I can be if god does exist then so be it. He's suppose to be a forgiving god and one who loves everyone. He shouldn't be picky with our beliefs.

I have been forced to be Catholic my whole life by my school. So many religions were around LONG before Christianity.

I dunno.. I just can't buy it. So many things wrong with it.

:/

I admit I haven't read this whole thread but I'm a pagan (wiccan) while I don't pretend to think that my beliefs are right or the best they are mine and i would never try and shove them on anyone else. *shrug*

No I can't prove the existance of my lord and lady but I wouldn't try because its faith in them that keep me going. *shrug again* Its fine if others don't believe the same to each there own I believe.

lately ive been reading a LOT on discordianism...its confusing but i kinda think thats the point...its very interesting though. . .and im not personally too big on the Christian church... im not sure what i am religiously but i can tell you what im not. . .thats an overzealous hypocrite bible bashing ass monkey (no offense to aforementioned ass monkeys sorry if i offended anyone) and im not saying all Christians are overzealous hypocrites its just that enough of them are to make me think that way... so yea. . .

• 2 weeks later...

I am Christian, and unfortunately to argue the belief of a higher God to a humanist I have to use a humanist tongue.

1) Scientific principle; life can only come from life. So the idea of a lightning bolt hitting a bunch of amino acids/a big boom is a little askew.

2) The complete improbability of an ecosystem as complete and as functional as ours, where one life supports another. Think about it; if evolution were true then wouldn't there only be one race? Eventually one group would evolve beyond the others and kill them all. And then I guess there wouldn't be any races because that one would die of starvation (lol).

And anyway, since you found bones of mal-shapened human and apes (possibly humans also?) that doesn't prove evolution. That proves you found bones of people/apes in the past that either could be evolution or could be random living things. The assumption of evolution is based off of just that; this looks like it became that, which looks like it became that, which looks like us. To me I see this a separate way; a lone couch outside is soaking wet. Sure, there's a possibility that some random kids doused it with water but I'm betting it rained last night ;).

3) Atheists have set out to prove the Bible's geographically wrong and failed. Others have taken the dimensions of the arc and said that it would be true to form using today's methods. If all you had to go on back then is the word of what is unseen when you are "cave men" and it works out I would be more tempted to believe :).

4) People have given accounts over the years as Christians of how God helped them through their tough times. I myself ask God for what I need and, more often than not, I get it. Asking for money is nothing compared to asking for relief of pain; and anyway, why money? It won't buy you pain relief, comfort you when your sad, wake you up when your at work, or help you to focus, so why bother?

What I'm trying to say is, people have given their accounts over time, some even spanning generations. True that some may be liars but the odds are on the side of truth here; it would just be improbable otherwise.

5) "Atheists" If they were truly atheists, would look at a Christian in the midst of their faith and shrug, saying something to the effect of "good for you" even if they are looked down upon. Why are you mad? Why is Christianity the only religion you feel the need to crack?

Sound reasoning?