Religion

-PHXN- New001

Are you an Atheist?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an Atheist?

• I'm an Atheist.
    • No, I believe in God.

I am a Protestant, but I have my very own set of views and whatnot that kind of make me just a Christian in general, in my opinion. Some are even contradictory.

For example, I do believe in a heaven and hell and that you go to one or the other after you die, but I don't believe in a spirit or soul or anything. I simply believe that you're mind and the experiences you've had create your personality. But then how do you get to heaven or hell after you die? O_o Yeah, I'm weird.

I also believe that hell is a personal hell. Not like flames and such, but that you're just like in an eternal emptiness. Just you, no one else. The torture comes in loneliness.

I also believe in lots of other stuff, but I'm far too lazy to type it all out. XD

Haha. Well for some being reincarnated into turkeys would be a life twenty times better than what they have.

At one point I believed in reincarnation. At another point I believed in a single minded universe.

At one time I could have been considered Buddhist really.

However as far as I'm concerned those are all just names.

And they hold a way too high value in society.

So the thing thats more interesting is your personal beliefs, not your the name of your religion :P

For one, I believe I know exactly how I'm gonna die, and exactly what it will be like. Now even if it doesnt go down that way, it has essentially eliminated fear from my life. And not even joking it has changed my life.

Like even in just little things like my soccer game. Its improved, so much. I'm not afraid to slide tackle, or play aggressive.

Its more of a belief system as I've said before. I have alot more views, which I might talk about.

I'm an atheist, though I don't mind if people are religious. I even think religions can be good, because they set up rules for the people to follow and can prevent things from getting out of hand. Too bad most people interpretate religious writings(i.e. books like the bible or koran) in a wrong way.

But, I don't need rules to keep myself under control, and I don't feel the need of worshipping something that I don't even know if it exists.

You'll see, when I die I notice I was wrong and end up at heaven's gates. Ouch xD

Some say there's no such thing as an atheist on his death bed.

On the other hand, that could be because they never die ;)

Atheism is the belief in no religion, period. Its not just the belief in no god.

I'm only saying that because some people confuse it with Deism. Which means that a creator was possible, but he is inactive and there is no reason to practice religion

Then, I'm an atheist xD I don't believe there ever was such a thing as a "creator", I think that was just something people made up to explain life. But if you feel the need to believe in a creator, I'm not going to stop you xD

And, shouldn't it be Theism? Or, for that matter, Adeism? Because deus and theos are the same(first is Latin, second Greek). Theism/Deism means "the belief in a god/higher being", while Atheism stands for "the belief in no god/higher being" (A-theos, No-god).

Yes thats true. I guess it is your theological views, not just your religious views.

I was referring to Deism, which originated in the 18th century though. A view which is commonly described as the "divine watch maker". Meaning that he created time, but he is passive and just lets it take its own control.

Also I'd like to know if anyone has seen, or read, any thing about The Law Of Attraction.

Like by reading The Secret, or seeing the movie.

Or by seeing, one of my all time favorite documentaries, What the Bleep Do We Know?

If you've seen it, then what do you think of it? And if you haven't (and want to) I can PM you a link to it.

my views...

i personally beleive that a section of each religion is correct in away and these parts make up the truth...i do not personally follow any religion but i was brought up as a christian.

I do beleive that there is a form of "life" after death but it isn't how we imagine

but i do think that there is a heaven and a hell but not as we see it

i think that when we pass over we are judged and placed accordingally but i do not think that once we are placed in either heaven or hell thats it...i think that once you are there in hell u can help yourself get out of it....e.g. if u meet targets in your ur stage of hell u may go on to the next lstage

like hell works on stages

the more evil and twisted u are the lower down u will be to like the point of no return

and the less twisted u are the higher u would be placed

e.g

bad - level 1

evil - level 2

twisted - level 3

really evil - level 4

f**ked up - level 5

etc etc

and if u mess up in heaven they can send u down towards hell

etc etc

so yeh thats partally what i think takes place after u die and my semi views on religion xD

w/e xD u lot prob confussed

Good views. As long as you have some belief, than I'll always say its a good view.

Personally, I'm happy to say I don't fear death. And I do not believe in heaven or hell.

Death is just the end and unconscious darkness.

What happens when you sleep at night, and don't have a dream? You don't remember anything, and theres absolutely no sense of time.

For me thats what death is. Your body shuts off, and than there is nothing.

No time, no consciousness, no thoughts or soul.

It seems like a more realistic death to me. Theres no sci-fi heaven or hell in my opinion. Just sleep.

that sounds realistic but would that really be the end?

its the question people have asked for hundreds of years

what happens when we die?

me personally i fear death for the reason that i do not know what is next, as any child or adult fears something they do not know; for example a child fears the dark since they do not know what is contained within the darkness

if u do not fear it thats cool but i have to say death is probably my main fear im not saying i do not fear anything else because i probably do, but death is the 1 thing i can re-call if someone was to ask me what i fear most lolz and most of the time people agree with me

also moving away from the subject of death; what do u think of morals set by religions?

like christians have the 10 commandments and the muslims have the 4 pilars what do u make of these?