Light or Dark Skin?

Koby

Thanks to SasukeX who donated the money he won from contest on another forum with the prize of $50 we can now purchase one of the paid skins I was wanting.

However I can't decided between the light skin I like or the dark skin I like. I would eventually like to get both of them, but for now, one will have to do. Don't forget I am also working on our own custom skin that will eventually get done (lol, if someone helps me though).

So here is the two skins to decide from:

http://www.vbstyles.com/demo/?styleid=35

http://www.vbstyles.com/demo/index.php?styleid=27

Edit:

I just discovered the site that sells these skins is having a buy 2 get 1 free special for this month only. Therefore if I can get both now I can get another one which would be pretty sweet. Problem is we need an additional $10 and right now I'm broke.

The light skin is one that I have always loved since I first saw it a about a year ago for a IPB forum I rarely visit. =P I know it's simple but I really like the color scheme and whatnot.

Anyhow, yes they have full screen versions of the skin and stuff.. but I'm thinking of using fixed size skins so that we can have regular banners and stuff.

So widescreen users get f*cked.

Well, t'is your decision. If I had to vote between both the skins, the darker one's...well, it's at least a bit better than the other one.

No they don't.. O.o I always preferred fixed skins to the liquid ones, and it's alot easier to design stuff to go it with. It's impossible to make a banner that goes with a liquid one unless you have it just a plain background that can stretch to fit the skin on huge monitors.. or shrink on small ones.

When I design stuff I try to make it fit within a 800x600 resolution so that all internet users may be able to view the site fairly good. =P Although I use a 1024x768 resolution.

Hmm hard choice... They're both quite ok. Tough I think i'd have to go with the darker one...

But on an other note: I could help you with your own skin... I can do some HTML, I get it tought at school... So if you need help, pm me.

I don't need help on html, sorry. What I need help with is learning how to do different things that I want to learn to do in vBulletin, such as where certain things are located when it comes to skinning, etc.. so that I can change it.

I suppose the two skins both look appealing. The latter is definitely one of the best dark skins I have seen. However, the light skin is best if only for the readability of the text. I prefer darker text on a lighter background. I would donate the $10 if I could, but I sold the little PayPal money I did have last year. If you manage to obtain the additional $10, it would be wise to purchase both skins to keep everyone happy.

Yes, thats what I want to do is get both, then the third (the one for free) I'm not sure which to get. Take a look here and tell me which one else you think I should get http://www.vbstyles.com/index.php?do=vbulletin-skins

Remember though that it must be one that says it's compatible with vB version 3.6.8 and also a few of the skins have multiple colors possible.

I personally like the light skin more than the dark skin. It seems to me like dark skins are way overused (my personal opinion) and the colors all seem to look all like one color. D:

The light skin on the other hand is much better in my opinion. I love the semi dark background with a light foreground. :> Though some of the colors here too look like one color but overall the design is much more better (my opinion).

Yeah. i like the light skin. lol,

Btw, would u be able to make the width of the frame wider? lol

Coz my Sig looks weird. X3

Also, i'd advise you to update the sig widths and stuff. lol, so uknw, it wouldn't breakthe forum tables and stuff.

[edit] and oo! another thing. we're msising the links up top to the arcade/rpg and stuff!! =o

Yeah. i like the light skin. lol,

Btw, would u be able to make the width of the frame wider? lol

Coz my Sig looks weird. X3

Also, i'd advise you to update the sig widths and stuff. lol, so uknw, it wouldn't breakthe forum tables and stuff.

[edit] and oo! another thing. we're msising the links up top to the arcade/rpg and stuff!! =o

I know about the links and stuff.. You see I wasn't ready for people to use them as I just installed them and haven't done the mod edits yet. I will work on that now then I will choose one to be the default.

Also anyone willing to help with banners? I will try to make some on my free time, but any help is appreciated. Just make what you think would look good and fits with the skins.