Attention: Hotmail users

Valdearg

Hello All,

Yesterday evening I noticed an issue with certain emails not arriving from the server which hosts Kametsu where any emails to the Hotmail/Live/MSN email addresses were being rejected by Microsoft.

This is due to the server being incorrectly detected as sending out spam emails.

I have applied to Microsoft to have this restriction removed, and they have agreed to do so, though they have restricted the number of emails that come through. Hopefully this should not affect us however.

Therefore, any topic replies, private messages, or email notifications to Hotmail users will not have come through between 2016-01-05 at 15:45 GMT+0 and 2016-01-06 at 00:30 GMT+0.

There may be some issues with emails from Kametsu for a little while, I'll be taking a more in depth look at this in the evening.

If anyone notices anything unusual in the emails, let me know.

• Like 3

If people could add the email address to their white-list/not-spam lists and click the 'not spam' button on any emails they get from the community it'd help as well to ensure they get the emails to their inbox instead of spam folder.

Sucks that our emails are flat out being rejected though rather than placed in the spam folder. The end users can't do anything if they don't at least get the email in some fashion.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Koby said:

Sucks that our emails are flat out being rejected though rather than placed in the spam folder. The end users can't do anything if they don't at least get the email in some fashion.

I didn't even know that was a possibility!!!

Is it even legal not to deliver an email to an intended user?

6 hours ago, aliqandil said:

I didn't even know that was a possibility!!!

Is it even legal not to deliver an email to an intended user?

They do a lot to try and handle the increase in spam, they're allowed to ban email servers as they wish.

Our thoughts were that someone on the same subnet as the server is on was sending out spam so we got caught in the wide ban.

4 hours ago, Nelliel said:

I just signed up to and the validation email went straight to spam so it was good I looked there before deleting everything in it like I was going to. 

At least you got it. =) Some people are apparently not getting the email at all because their email provider had completely blocked anything from the forums server.

Welcome to the community @Nelliel

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...