(manga) Attack on Titan - Before the fall

Jikochuu

"Attack on Titan" reader needs help !! Before to explain why, here's the proper description of this manga :

3599942-01.jpg

A prequel series to the number one bestseller in Japan. Humanity has learned to live in complacency behind its high walls, protected from the giant Titans. But when a Titan-worshipping cult opens one of the gates, a Titan wreaks havoc, consuming the cultists. After the rampage is over, two young Survey Corps members are shocked to discover a pregnant woman's partially digested corpse - with her baby still alive inside it! What will the fate of this "child of the Titans" be? And how will humanity learn to cope with the Titan threat?

by Hajime Isayama (Series Creator), Satoshi Shiki (Designer), Ryo Suzukaze (Writer), Thores Shibamoto (Character design)

If there are any readers of "Attack on Titan" : What is this about ? I haven't found any convincing critical and yet, I bought this volume without any idea of how it will be like !

I really am curious to know what people think of it before to read it. If there are any "Attack on Titan: Before the Fall" owners, I will be more than pleased to know what are your thoughts on this.

Even if you are not an owner (but yet you know about the original story) : you are also (and of course!) welcome to share your point of view.

Thanks for reading ! ;)

I find it funny they claim in the synopsis that AoT is the #1 selling manga in Japan when it sold over 3,000,000 less than One Piece last year as a whole. One Piece has consistently been the #1 selling manga in Japan pretty much every single year since it's creation back in the 1990's.

Anyways it's basically exactly what it says. A prequel to the original story. So you can expect things to turn out how it was at the beginning of AoT by the end of the prequel. So if you've read the regular AoT then you pretty much know where the story has to head so part of the mystery isn't there; but you still don't know how it got to where it was so there is still some mystery to be had.

Didn't they compared the selling to the 1st outputs ? If so, maybe AoT could be #1 in Japan but I agree with the fact that One Piece must be considered as the 1# selling manga.

It's the first time I buy something such as a prequel, written by a different author furthermore. I'm afraid this will spoil my reading ! I am still at the 7th volume, but what if the mystery gives answer to any secret that I have no knowledge about ? Is this even possible ?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...