Forum Buttons & Functions not working

Xegoog

Firefox 12.0. My system doesn't support newer versions for some odd reason.

There is nothing on a 'system' that would prevent upgrading a software that is open source like FireFox. Being that FF12 is like 3-4 years old; it will not support a lot of stuff. You will have to update it and update all your plugins to ensure it's not something outdated causing the issue.

As for the issue itself; I don't know what the problem is as you haven't really supplied any information or screenshots or anything. What does it say or do when the issue arises, etc?

Koby, forgive me for not elaborating, but according to the official system requirements page, I can't run firefox 32:

Firefox 32.0.2 System Requirements Windows Operating Systems

• Windows XP SP2
  • Windows Server 2003 SP1
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8

Please note that while the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 can be used to run Firefox 32, only 32-bit builds of Firefox 32 are supported at this time.

Recommended Hardware

• Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 200MB of hard drive space

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4, Pentium 3, 512 mb ram, Intel 810 Graphix card.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex GX110.

The forums never give me an error message, I just try clicking the buttons to post and it acts like I never clicked them and does nothing at all.

Edited by Xegoog

I wasn't aware anyone used any Windows older than XP now; especially with even XP being discontinued, unsupported, and just one big security hole.

Anyhow, the forum mostly uses ajax/javascript for a lot of the functions so it can handle things and such without loading a new page or reloading the current one. The forum also utilizes the latest php and such which outdated software don't have the capabilities to support. So yeah as long as you are using a stone age PC you'll have issues with all sorts of things.

My question though is; did all this just start happening or have you always had these issues? Because we haven't changed anything in a long while aside from the address and implementing security updates. Feature wise and such nothing has changed in more than a year.

I am also having issues with the forum, not so much my own status updates and posting in threads, see below.

1. Cannot post in others status updates. Once I click the comment button there is a loading symbol that loads for a second or two and disappears with nothing happening.

2. Cannot quick view member stats. When hovering over a members name which will bring up a second screen with there stats I guess you could call it, this will only load as a grey rectangle that has no information in it or anything in it.

3. Notifications, when I receive them I cannot view them via the quick view tab, I have to go to the notification page and then load them from there and then mark them as read to get ride of all new notifications.

I am also having issues with the forum, not so much my own status updates and posting in threads, see below.

1. Cannot post in others status updates. Once I click the comment button there is a loading symbol that loads for a second or two and disappears with nothing happening.

2. Cannot quick view member stats. When hovering over a members name which will bring up a second screen with there stats I guess you could call it, this will only load as a grey rectangle that has no information in it or anything in it.

3. Notifications, when I receive them I cannot view them via the quick view tab, I have to go to the notification page and then load them from there and then mark them as read to get ride of all new notifications.

Every issue is an issue on your end. Either you're still trying to use the old address rather than updating, or you've got some issues with your software.

Every issue is an issue on your end. Either you're still trying to use the old address rather than updating, or you've got some issues with your software.

Will mess around with a few things and see what I can turn up.