Does Ichigo have his hollow powers after getting his powers back?

Number62

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe he still has his hollow powers. like his soul reaper powers that went dormant after final getsuga tensho, his hollow powers probably went dormant as well. but now that his shinigami powers are back his hollow powers will reawaken at some point when his life is endangered. it might already be awake considering that the vandenreich were not able to destroy ichigo's banki. his hollow powers was the thing that protected him.

I don't think he does because his hollow form fused with his zanpakuto to make the final getsuga challenge for ichigo. Maybe he does, I can't remember if his bankais getsuga tensho was always black. I don't think he needs it anyway, it'd be too OP and ichigo would win every battle because he is already kickass. He beat Ginjo without even breaking into a sweat. Without the hollow form, he'd be more challenged.

During Ichigo's training in the Dangai Precipice World, Tensa Zangetsu rips out hollow ichigo from ichigo's body, the two proceed to fuse and then disappear when ichigo uses FGT.

Since ichigo's soul reaper powers have returned, it is not safe to assume that his hollow powers have returned as well because they originated from his shattered shaft training. Zangetsu has changed, but the method he used to reclaim his powers did not result in hollowfication the second time around.

Then again, Kubo might throw hollow ichigo back in for dramatic effect, u never know

i believe he still has his hollow powers. like his soul reaper powers that went dormant after final getsuga tensho, his hollow powers probably went dormant as well. but now that his shinigami powers are back his hollow powers will reawaken at some point when his life is endangered. it might already be awake considering that the vandenreich were not able to destroy ichigo's banki. his hollow powers was the thing that protected him.

I agree with this. He might train to get his hollow powers back if re-awakening at a crucial point is not the case.

Well if you're going by the way he gained hollow powers to begin with, he shouldn't have any right now. The only reason why he gained hollow powers to begin with was because of the method he went to getting his soul reaper powers back after Byakuya or whatever killed his soul link thingy. But then again final getsunatensho or whatever only was supposed to take away his "SOUL REAPER" powers. Maybe his hollow was linked to it or not. I guess its up to the writer to decide.

I think that he would of lost his hollow powers when he lost his soul reaper powers. But you never know maybe somewhere deep inside him his hollow is waiting for the right time to show up again.

The issue with that is that the Hollow and Zangetsu are one and the same, a combined entity capable of splitting itself, which implies that Ichigo's powers are heavily intertwined. If one goes dormant or awakens, the other does too. As far as Ichigo having Fullbring, he'd probably just have that if nobody gave him powers. His Fullbring would have developed naturally, given an appropriate trigger. But I digress. The Power transfer seems to work 2 ways:

A) Temporary transferrence of power, fades away after a reasonably short period of time

B) Activating other powers, kind of like jumpstarting a car, or a Nen Baptism in Hunter X Hunter.

Aside from the Hogyoku making things go not quite right, Rukia's transfer was supposed to be a Type A version. On the other hand, the sword made by Urahara is a Type B, meant to reactivate the powers that Ichigo already had. And given the link between his old powers, this would imply that the Hollow is back too. In addition, it the Thousand Year Blood War, this puts Ichigo in an interesting position. He's at the middle ground between all sides in terms of just what he is now. He's a human with spiritual powers, from Fullbring, like the Vandenreich. Same kind of entity, different source. He's a Soul Reaper at the same time. In addition, he has Hollow powers. I can see Kubo playing up the fact that Ichigo has attributes from every side some time in this arc.