Installing IRC client on the Windows platform

An IP BreAKDoWN

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my account was banned how can I use it again?

This is what I get

* - IPv6 is available at irc6.xertion.org

* End of message of the day.

* There are 165 users and 157 invisible on 14 servers

* 19 :operator(s) online

* 99 :channels formed

* I have 40 clients and 1 servers

* Current Local Users: 40 Max: 41

* Current Global Users: 322 Max: 365

* xertion-hbmh9r.res.rr.com :is now your displayed host

* chakaboy1991 sets mode +x chakaboy1991

* chakaboy1991 sets mode +w chakaboy1991

* Received a CTCP VERSION from DenServ

* Cannot join #Kametsu (You are banned).

Try changing your IP.

people are not banned for no reason. trying to circumvent the ban is like saying you don't care that you did something wrong, and that you are likely to do it again. in which case, you will be banned... again.

I was banned once on Rizon for no reason at all. But of course, this might be a different case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great Guide, only problem I am having is that once I join the Xertion channel nothing appears to happen. Followed the guide to the letter, but when i try /join #kametsu , it doesnt appear to do anything. This is what comes up when I log in.

Update Checker plugin loaded
* Looking up irc.xertion.org
* Connecting to irc.xertion.org (144.76.30.116:6667)
* Connected. Now logging in.
* *** Looking up your hostname...
* Capabilities supported: multi-prefix sasl tls userhost-in-names
* Capabilities requested: multi-prefix
* Capabilities acknowledged: multi-prefix

Thats all.

Any suggestions?

(Using HexChat.)

Edited by TheScaryFish

• 9 months later...

Hey. Thanks for the info. I did just like the manual says, but I'm still unable to download files...

Can you be more specific such as what step you made it up to, did you manage to actually get into the channel, what error actually happened, what bot you were trying to nab files from, whatever you feel might be helpful in identifying the problem.

I'm using the mIRC. I just get "-hazuki.xertion.org- *** Could not resolve your hostname: Domain name not found; using your IP address (173.254.202.126) instead."

Perhaps it's an issue with that specific server "hazuki".

Instead of "irc.xertion.org", which randomly connects you to one of the servers, you can always try a specific server listed here: http://wiki.xertion.org/w/Servers

I know with Rizon for example, I can't use their main hub server, I've usually gotta connect directly to one of the individual ones. I don't know why that is.

Is it always "hazuki" when you have issues? Or has it been some of the other servers?

As JohnFlower mentioned, try joining another network and see if you have problems connecting to it. If you do, it could likely be a firewall blocking connection, or even your virus protection blocking the default IRC ports.

I never could get anything to download off of IRC thats why I stick to file hosts and torrents. It really requires an ideal internet connection or it doesn't work correctly.

Not really. I've downloaded off of IRC using a dial-up connection at 14 KB/s.

If you're having issues downloading something off IRC, there is something else at fault. Either a firewall, virus protection, or maybe even your ISP blocking specific ports. You can usually get around this by changing ports.

Ramna-kun, if you want help identifying the issue, let me know more specifics such as what did you do, what client you used, what happened when you tried, etc.

If anything, on slow connections IRC would still be recommended over filehosts because if your connection drops, you can always resume in IRC. Most filehosts don't allow resume, especially for free users... as they want to make money off premium accounts.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...