The combined 35/36th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing the main cast of the 2011 television anime adaptation of Yoshihiro Togashi’s Hunter x Hunter manga on Monday:
- Megumi Han (live-action Otomen) as Gon Freecs
- Mariya Ise as Killua Zaoldyeck
- Keiji Fujiwara as Leorio
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Kurapika
- Daisuke Namikawa as Hisoka
The same characters were played by the following cast members in the earlier 1999-2001 anime:
- Junko Takeuchi as Gon Freecs
- Kanako Mitsuhashi as Killua Zaoldyeck
- Hozumi Gôda as Leorio
- Yuki Kaida as Kurapika
- Hiroki Takahashi as Hisoka
The “definitive” new anime will premiere on NTV on October 2 and run every Sunday at 10:55 a.m. NTV opened a web page for the new anime, which will retell the manga’s story from the beginning.
Hiroshi Koujina (Rainbow – Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, Neuro – Supernatural Detective) will direct the anime at MADHOUSE (Death Note, NANA), and Atsushi Maekawa (Dragon Ball Z, Fresh Precure!) is in charge of the scripts. Takahiro Yoshimatsu (“Something Yoshimatsu” of Future GPX Cyber Formula, Slayers) is designing the characters, while Toshio Nakatani is producing.